3

Everyday I sit on the porch and wait for kitty to come back. I set a piece of turkey on the steps and leaned against the pole. I closed my eyes and let out an exhausted breath. I heard a light purr and looked down at my feet. Kitty was curled up and almost looked like she was smiling.

I picked her up and held her gently. "Hi kitty." I smiled and scratched behind her ear. I had already asked Kuro to hang out later today and when I looked up he was opening the gate. He looked up from his phone and sat down beside me. I fed kitty the slice of turkey and she purred next to me. "When did you find her?" He asked and moved closer to me. "Today." I mumbled and put kitty in my lap.

Kuro hand rested behind me and I looked over at him. "What did you do?" I asked kitty as I held her up. She kicked her lips and sneezed. I giggled and Kuro looked down at me with an amused face. I looked in his eyes and he looked pink. "Did you get sunburnt?" I asked as I looked away and rubbed kittys tummy.

He shook his head and I cooed at kitty. "Isn't he so weird?" Her tail swished back and forth and I poked kuros side. "You're too close. Personal bubble." I muttered and stood up, holding kitty in my arms.

She felt heavy and I eyed her "You must've caught some yummy mice." I scratched her head and she purred in my ear. Kuro followed me up to my room and I set up kitty bed under my desk. She crawled under and fell asleep. I laid on my bed beside Kuro and played a game on my phone. He watched me and turned on his side.

I heard a soft snore in my ear and looked over at Kuro, passed out. I flicked his forehead and rolled onto my side also. I played my game mindlessly and his hand slipped onto my side. I glanced down at it and kitty jumped on the bed. She curled up by my stomach and clawed at kuros hand that was on me.

He flinched and flipped onto his other side. I chuckled and pet kitty. "Youre so protective of me." I whispered and she puffed up, almost as if she was proud of herself. Her little whiskers stuck out and I watched her. I rubbed under her chin and she ran her face along my arm before cleaning herself and falling asleep next to me. I set my game down and yawned.

I woke up a few hours later with kitty in my arms and my face stuff into kuros chest. I opened my eyes slowly and sat up. 'What an idiot.' I thought and kitty jumped off my bed, going under my desk. I looked at Kuro who was passed out and pinched his nose shut. He gasped for air and his eyes opened. "Idiot, are you trying to suffocate me." I shrugged "Not purposefully, that would've just been a bad side effect." I mumbled and he sat up. "Where's kitty?" I pointed to my desk.

He nodded and stretched. "Hey Kuro." I said quietly and he hummed in response. "Why are you so red?" I smiled and looked over my shoulder at his red face. It was obvious that he was blushing but about what? He laughed it off. "Youre room is just hot, I think I slept with too many clothes on." He said quickly and I watched him.

I turned to face him and sat criss cross. "Youre an awful lair, just tell me." Kuro got out of bed and I watched him. I laid down of my stomach and kicked the wall lightly with my foot. "So you're just going to ignore me now? God all we did was fall asleep in the same bed."

Kuro looked over "You slept next to me?" I put my head in my hand "yeah?" I smiled softly and watched kitty sleep. "Well I have to go." Kuro said quietly and I eyed him "Youre being weird." He walked out and I laid back down, falling asleep.

A few weeks later

I sat on the floor beside kitten and poked her tummy, she hissed at me and I was taken aback, she's never hissed at me before. I looked over at kuro and frowned. "Kittys getting fat." Kuro giggled "Are you fat shaming your cat?" I pointed at her "Look, her tummy's all big and she won't stop eating lately." I rest my chin on my knees and Kuro kneeled down beside me. "I mean a little bit, she was probably just hungry after being outside for so long."

I watched her and put my hand on her stomach. A growl grew in her throat and my eyes widened. "What's wrong with her?" Kuro took my hand off of her. "Careful she might scratch you." I lifted my shirt up and showed him the scratch's on my stomach. "I don't think it'll hurt that much." I muttered and he sighed. "Just leave her alone she's probably not spayed."

It clicked and I looked over at Kuro "What if she's pregnant?" Kuro shrugged "I mean she was outside for awhile, a cat might've..." I trailed off and looked at kitty. "We're you a dirty kitty?" I asked and pet her head. She purred and pressed her face into my palm. Kuro chuckled and rubbed my back. I smiled and scratched behind her ear.

I looked at Kuro and he was already looking at me. He seemed frozen and I tilted my head slightly. "What?" I mumbled and looked in his eyes, expressionless. He looked away and I shook my head. "I thought I was the weird one." I mumbled and Kuro stayed quiet. I picked kitty up and held her gently. She did feel heavier than normal, maybe we should take her to the vet.