5

A year later

I walked to kuros house and held Coco in my hand. Her little white feet cling to my shoulder and her black tail swung in my face. I stepped inside and coco slowly walked up the stairs. "Guess who?" I said and Kuro looked up from his bed "Oh shoot." He looked up "Gio." I shook my head and coco pranced in the room. "Damn." He smacked the bed and I laid down beside him.

Coco rubbed up on Kuro and he pet her slowly. Kuro put his hand ontop of mine and scrolled through his phone, mindlessly. "Kuro..." I said slowly "what the hell are you doing?" I asked and shook his hand away. He looked up and pet Coco, "sorry." He smiled and I rolled into my back. We sat quietly and coco crawled onto my stomach. She made biscuits and Kuro watched her tentatively "Why do they all like you better?" He mumbled and pet coco.

I smiled softly and glanced at him "Be a big boy and get over it." He picked coco up and I frowned. He held her happily and I picked his phone out of his lap. I scrolled through it and clicked on his messages. "Why is there a heart by my name?" I muttered and looked to see if he was texting girls. Kuro was quiet "I don't know it seemed fitting."

I deleted the heart and clicked on someone named Mei. I sighed and scrolled up. "Who's Mei?" I mumbled and I picked his phone out of my hand. "No don't like at that." I smiled and sat up, reaching for his phone, which was dangling high above his head. "What are you hiding?" I grabbed the corner but it slipped out of my hand.

My mouth dropped over and I pinched his cheek "What did you send her?" He gasped "God Kenma no! I didn't send nudes." He retorted and his hand dropped slightly. I grabbed his phone and then ran in the bathroom.

I locked it and smiled as I opened his phone back up. I scrolled through the messages and read them carefully. "Kenma please don't read them." He pleaded on the other side of the door and I shook my head slowly "Shut up."

Mei:
Why won't you just tell him already?

Kuroo:
He's been busy, besides why is it any of your business about my love life.

I cooed softly. "Kuro has a crush~" I chimed and hit the door "Kenma stop please, don't read it." I stopped my thumb right above the screen and thought for a second. 'What's the harm?'

Kuroo:
Look how cute he is 😳

Mei: 🤧 stop making me feel lonely

Kuroo: Haha

I slowly opened the door and glanced at him. "I really hope you were talking about gio in that picture." I threw his phone at him and he barely caught it. "I-I was, I swear." I looked up at him and pulled on his loose sweater "Don't be an idiot Kuro." I mumbled and walked over to the bed, cuddling beside Coco.

I pet her softly and Kuro sat down at his desk. I eyed him and he hunched over the desk. I picked coco up and she let out a big yawn. I smiled and scratched her back. "I love you." I mumbled and kissed the top of her head. She purred loudly and pressed her face against mine. Kuro turned around. "What'd you say?" He said quietly and I rolled my eyes. "Not you dipshit. I love coco not you." I rolled over and played with her.

My phone rang and I picked it up. "What?" I mumbled and my mom seemed flustered on the other end. "Have you seen kitty today?" I turned and watched Kuro. "Yeah she basically followed me to the door when I left, why?" She sighed "I can't find her anywhere." I sat up and leaned on my hand. "Check outside, sometimes she gets into the garden." The line was quiet and I looked over at Kuro. He smiled and I just looked around.

My mom gasped and I sat up straight "What?" "Come home." She sounded shaky and I hung up. "I have to go home." I picked up coco and grabbed my bag. "Be safe." He said under his breath and I eyed him "Why are you acting all weird?" I cooed at coco. "Youre dad is so silly." Kuro threw a balled up piece of paper at me and I smiled.

I walked home quietly and saw my mom huddled by the side of the road. I walked over to her and let coco roam the front yard "Wh-" I stopped dead in my tracks and froze. I stared at the little black lump of fur laying limply in the gutter. I balled my fists up. "She's okay right? Right?" I kept my distance and my mom shook her head.

I wiped my eyes and sniffled. I walked over slowly and kneeled down beside her. I pet her gently and she felt cold. I broke and my eyes grew blurry. I covered my eyes and gasped for air. "Mama." I cried and fell in my moms arms. Coco walked over and laid beside Kitty. I sobbed and coco nudged her. She meowed and pushed her face. I looked away and wiped my face with my sleeve.

I picked coco up and slowly walked inside. "It's okay." I whispered over and over, not sure if I was comforted coco or myself. I curled up in my bed and cried. My throat felt dry and I laid there for hours. I sat up and looked out the dark window. I called Kuro and sniffled.

He picked up and groaned "Why are you calling me so late." I wiped my eyes and took a shaky breath "I need you." I said in a quiet voice and he sighed "I was about to go to bed." I clenched my fist. "Can you just please come over?" I insisted and he let out a breath "Okay." He hung up and I stared at the screen.