Soulmate (🧡)

Summary: Everyone sees black and white until they meet their soulmate. If you're completely blind, you don't have a soulmate.

(I meant to post this when I posted the Larry and Wolfstar oneshots but Wattpad wouldn't let me for some reason so I had to wait a while :( but here it is!)

-----

"Tell me again."

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"Newt," Sonya sighed, glancing at her brother. "I've told you what colors look like millions of times."

Newt pouted. He's wanted to meet his soulmate for the longest time. Sonya met hers, Aris, a few years ago at the age of 17. She's turning 20 soon while Newt's turning 18 and still hasn't met his.

Sonya smiled sadly at him. "Aris is coming over later, I'm gonna go change. Don't worry so much. You'll meet them soon."

Newt frowned but let her go. He heard her bedroom door click close and decided he needed to get out of the house. It only made him sad to stay there when Aris was around. He was a good kid, it just made him upset about how in love they looked.

Newt pulled on a random hoodie that was definitely too big for him, laced his shoes, and walked out of the apartment. He walked aimlessly with no true destination in mind.

The streets bustled with people doing their last-minute Christmas shopping. Newt frowned, wishing he could see the Christmas lights in actual color. Ignoring the thought Newt walked into his favorite cafe to get a hot chocolate.

"Hi Teresa," the blond boy smiled. Teresa looked up and grinned.

"Newt! Hey! Usual, I'm assuming?" Newt nodded and sat on one of the bar stools (even though there isn't a bar in a cafe). 

Teresa made the coffee quickly, and Newt gave her the money for it. The two made small talk, but then she kicked him out and told him to go socialize. Newt reluctantly left with his hot chocolate in hand and started down the bustling streets again. 

He looked down at his phone when it buzzed, but got interrupted by a boy stumbling into him. Blinking, Newt gawked at him.

For one, it was no lie this boy was stunning, but he was also in color. The boy didn't look any less shocked either, in fact, he dropped his own phone on the ground.

Giggling lightly, Newt bent down to pick it up and handed it back to him. The boy flushed and grabbed his hand, tugging him into a nearby store to get off the bustling streets. Once they were blocked away from the remaining of the world, the mystery boy shoved his phone in his pocket and took both of Newt's hands, staring at him in awe. Newt did the same with a blush painted over his cheeks.

"Holy crap," the slightly taller boy breathed, staring at Newt as if he was the most precious person in the world. "You're-you're my soulmate," he continued as if Newt didn't know. 

"Yeah," Newt smiled happily. 

"Thomas," The boy- Thomas- said, gently running his thumbs over the back of Newt's hands.

"I've been waiting to meet you so long!" Newt exclaimed. "I mean, there's only so much suffering I can handle by watching my sister and her boyfriend snog each other's faces off."

Thomas laughed, lifting Newt's hands that were still in his to his lips and placing a gentle peck to them. "Well then maybe we'll put them through just as much suffering."

------

"Newt," Thomas sang cheerfully, entering his and Newt's flat. It's their two-year anniversary and He left early that morning to pick up the flowers he ordered a couple of days ago and a few books he passed by and thought his boyfriend would like.

Newt entered the room in an oversized sweater and jeans, smiling at his soulmate. "Hey, Tommy."

 "Happy Aniversary, my love," Thomas whispered against Newt's lips, pressing them together softly. Newt returned it but ended up smiling.

"What are you smiling at?" Thomas laughed, poking Newt's side. He learned quickly after meeting the boy that he was extremely ticklish and took great pleasure in using that knowledge against him.

"Nothing!" Newt squealed, slapping Thomas' hand away. "Just happy."

Thomas smiled and set the flowers down on the counter along with the gift bag of books. He wrapped his arms around the smaller boy's waist and tugged him closer, landing a simple peck on his nose making Newt scrunch it.

"God you're too cute," Thomas gushed. Newt blushed darkly, hiding his face in the crook of Thomas' neck.

Thomas pulled away to grab the flowers and bag. "And these are for you."

Newt grinned, taking the flowers first. They were sunflowers. "Awh Tommy, you're too cute," he mocked jokingly. Thomas rolled his eyes, motioning to the bag. "Next!"

Newt smiled and peeked in the bag, pulling out the carefully wrapped books. He peeled off the tissue paper that Thomas must have decided was a good substitute for wrapping paper ("It isn't Christmas Newtie they don't have wrapping paper everywhere!") and grinned at the choice of books.

"You're amazing, I've been looking for these! They're out of stock everywhere!" Newt kissed Thomas sweetly then placed the books on the shelf they had in the living room. Thomas took his hand and sat down on the couch, putting on a random Disney movie.

Newt snuggled into his side, placing a peck to his neck. "I love you, Tommy. A lot."

"I love you a lot more."