~𝟸̷~ 𝙵̷𝚛̷𝚒̷𝚎̷𝚗̷𝚍̷𝚜̷

~2~ FRIENDS

I quickly go toward the girl, who is now serene.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" I ask her in a worried voice.

She shakes her head "I'm okay! Thank you so much for your help!" she said gratefully.

I looked at the pitiful excuses of the skirt left on her. The bullies had really done a number on it. It covered nothing and her underwear will show if she'll walk. I take off my jacket and offer it to her to cover herself up with as she couldn't even use her own with how bad her clothes were destroyed. I look around and see quite a few students still standing around watching us.

"Why are you still here? The drama has ended, you know? I say looking at them in disgust as I cross my arms in front of my chest. I was happy to see them moving away from us.

The girl didn't take my proffered jacket, so I tied it around her waist and in doing so made her look at me.

"Let's go to the restroom so you can check your uniform. Hmm?" I said to her and she nodded.

***

She checked her dress in front of the mirror silently observing its destruction. The girl introduced herself as Jung Wheein.

Gosh! It's my first day and I'm already late for class! How much better can this day get?!

I sighed loudly before asking Wheein "But why were they bullying you?"

"Uhh...actually I'm an idol trainee. Those girls know this and picked on me for being one... They called me ugly and untalented. They said that I don't deserve to be an idol. It was then they started to hit me and cut up my uniform - all to show me my place," she replied with tears forming in her eyes and her voice breaking as she struggled with her emotions.

I reach out and gently lift her face to meet mine, saying softly "Well, they clearly need glasses as they are blind. You're beautiful and you have a gorgeous voice. Honestly, I think they are just jealous of you because you outshine them - they're the ones who are ugly. Don't worry about them anymore, I'll stop them!"

She nodded and said a small "thank you".

Considering her situation, after some time she spoke sighing "My dress is completely ruined. I really don't think I can attend classes like this. I have to go home"

"You should go home and don't worry about my jacket, you can return it tomorrow" I replied.

"Okay," she said hesitantly.

"Can you do me a favor before going home?" I ask her.

"Yes! Anything for you" she said smiling. "What can I do for you?" she asked politely.

I pull out the papers from my bag and show her the paper with my schedule. "Can you tell me where is this class?" I asked.

"I also study in the same class," she said excitedly. "It's already late, I'm sorry for wasting your time," she said as her smile dropped.

"Aniyo(No)! No worries" I said reassuring her.

"Okay! Kaja! (Let's go!)" she said and we exited the restroom.

Wheein showed the way to our classroom, stopping some distance away, she pointed to a door "This is our classroom, I'm sorry I can't go with you" she said apologetically. 

"You don't have to and thank you so much," I said with a small smile.

She nodded and I left. Mr. Han was giving instructions to the class when I arrived there. When he saw me, he excused himself and came out to talk with me.