Seasonal Rut part 3

Start from the beginning

He moved from hugging to shifting down to lay on my chest. He was slow moving but wrapped his arms around me tightly before relaxing.

"Im sorry...I keep seeing you as my mate...I know its not true but...I want it to be"

"Why?"

"You are sweet to me. Do things even if you don't have to and don't expect anything back from me. I also can just be me. I don't feel like a hero around you...but a person"

The doorbell suddenly rang making Hawks flinch.

Hawks POV

"Foods here" she tapped my shoulder, "You gotta move"

I grunted but got up. She got the food and set it on the table. I was excited to eat. I am STARVING. I have been eating instant meals for days.

My jaw about dropped. She got Yakitori, "You got-"

"Yeah, I figured you'd be happy to get some" she smiled at me getting a plate. I need to marry this girl, now.

After lunch I am full and happy. I get up nuzzling her cheek with mine, "Thank you"

"Its no problem"

She doesn't understand how much stuff like this means to me. It's why I want her as my mate. She is sweet to me and doesn't scold me for being myself. She doesn't treat me like a hero but a actual person.

I huff flexing my hands. Calm. Calm.

"I need to go get a shower, I feel a bit gross. Be good and stay in here?"

Calm. CAlm. CALm. CALM, I smile lightly, "Y-yeah I can do that"

"Good boy" she smiled back at me moving passed me to the hallway.

I wait till I hear the bathroom door shut. I grip my hair running a hand through it, stop thinking. Stop thinking about it. I sit on the couch gripping the thighs of my jeans.

She won't smell like me anymore either. I go rigid with frustration. All that work out the window. I feel useless as a. None. Mate.

I try not to pout. I grab a pillow hugging it in my lap. I am lonely again. I let my head fall back on the back of the couch. I am so needy but its really not my fault...My stupid brain is doing this. It takes insane amounts of impulse control not to pounce her.

I want to give her something. I can't go patrol either. I liked being able to patrol cause I usually found a stone for her that I found pretty. Some dumb part of me wanted to give it to her and since then I formed a habit of getting them. It made me stupidly happy she accepted the gift. I can't right now though. I feel useless.

I hear the shower stop and resist the urge to get up and wait outside the bathroom door. She'd probably get mad at me if I did that.

I want to peek in the hallways though... did she take clothes in with her or does she need to get some. Could she be walking in a towel...calm. stop. I need to behave.

She came into the room fully dressed, "That feels much better. Definitely needed that!"

She doesn't smell like me... her scent is also weaker.

"Hawks!"

"Hm?" I blink realising I zoned out

"You should get a shower too"

I can't get my scent on her if I do that. I poorly suppress a whine, "Hug?"

"I said you should get a shower"

"But...cuddles?" I pout letting my wings droop

"No, shower. Maybe after"

I whine but get up, "towel?"