Meet Your Partner

Start from the beginning

Izuku smiled as they kept walking to the police station. "Do you have any memories about before I was born?"

Hisashi gasped excitedly, "Of course! I could never forget about the day I met your mother. It was set back in my high school days..."

Izuku sighed, "I feel like I regret this already."

"Too late. Shut up. Feast on the mushy gushy kind of love that your mother and I experienced when we met as young lovers." Hisashi shushed his son, holding up a ghostly finger up to his lips. "Okay—Where was I? Oh, right! Okay, there I was! A devilishly handsome teenager." Hisashi took a pause to run a hand through his curls.

Izuku snorted as his father continued, "It was a rainy day, and like always, I brought my umbrella. Well not always, I forgot it sometimes...Okay a lot, but that isn't the point. So I'm walking out of school with an umbrella raised when I see across the way...the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. And she was standing under an awning all lonely in the middle of the train. I was a kind gentleman with an umbrella, she was a beautiful girl who needed some shelter from the rain."

"Didn't she have the awning protecting her?" Izuku questioned with a raised brow.

Hisashi shushed him again, "Not important. It was my moment to shine and no old ass awning was going to get in my way of wooing the girl of my dreams."

"Okay?"

Hisashi paused in his story, "Right. So, oh wait backstory, I had already known her a bit before this moment, but I never really had a full on conversation with her without choking on my own embers. I think the farthest I had ever talked to her except that moment was just a simple hello before running off. She had the sweetest laugh, always laughing easily at some of the jokes her friends told her. She was so smart, so she was always placed in the top twenty in the school when I was around top fifty. She was practically out of my league."

"So you took this as your chance to woo her?" Izuku asked, taking another turn.

"Exactly. This was my moment. I had to impress her before I lost this chance. So I was approaching real smoothly with my umbrella. I'm thinking about what to tell her when I got there. Something like, 'Hello. I'm Midoriya Hisashi. This weather, huh?' Just something simple to get the conversation rolling."

Izuku hummed as his father started to act out what he did with an imaginary umbrella.

Hisashi fixed his hair, holding his imaginary umbrella. "So I went up to her, and held the umbrella above her to not let a drop of the rain from the leaky awning touch her."

Izuku raised a brow, "Uh Huh..."

Hisashi paused with a frozen smile on his face before he slowly turned led to his son, "I looked straight into her eyes and said, 'Hello, I'm weather."

Izuku snorted before he started to full on laugh in the middle of the sidewalk with a lot of people looking at him strangely. He sniffles as he held back more of his laughter as he continued walking.

Hisashi threw a hand over his forehead dramatically, "I. Was Mortified. I just wanted to run, change my name, and move out of town."

"And what made you didn't?" Izuku asked, dodging a person who was jogging.

Hisashi smiled happily, floating up beside his son with a shine to his eyes, "She looked at me with a smile and laughed. Then she asked, 'But isn't Hisashi your given name Midoriya-kun?' Oh, that was the moment I was totally on board with marrying this perfect woman. If she can handle me at my most embarrassing teen years, she can survive me at my embarrassing dad years. Soon after when I wasn't making myself a complete fool, we started to date which led to where we are now."

Izuku smiled at his dad before the police station came into view. "That was a wonderful story, dad. When I get back home, you have got to tell me more."

Hisashi nodded with a soft grin, "I'll be sure to tell you the most embarrassing ones. Well, I'll go back to your mother, but if you ever need me..."

Izuku tilted his head with a smile, "I know what to do. Thanks, dad. Love you."

"Love you too Izuku." His dad tilted his head in return before gently disappearing to go back to his beautiful wife.

Izuku walked into the police station in a particularly better mood than he had been in the st few days. The case was really taking a toll on him, even his bartending job with interesting patrons didn't lift his spirits for long. But his father was always able to make him forget about the troubles of the world even for a short moment.

But his mood dropped almost immediately when he saw a familiar face from his childhood. The one that was gracing the billboard that declared him the third ranked hero, Ground Zero.

"Kacchan?!"

"Deku?!"

Naomasa walked up to them with mildly raised eyebrows. "Good to know you two know each other already. Well, Midoriya Izuku, this is Ground Zero. He is the pro hero that is here to help us with this case. Ground Zero, this is Midoriya Izuku. He has been my apprentice for the longest time, a bartender, and the famous Ghost Whisperer that has helped us in countless cases. You two will be working together until the case is solved."

Now, Izuku trusted Naomasa....

....but what the fuck was HE doing here?