Ten Years into the Future

It's been ten years since the deal was made of Izuku having Tsukauchi as his mentor.

Bakugo Katsuki was the only one in their school to be accepted into Yuuei while Izuku opted for a more easy life in a normal high school that allowed him to do online courses from home. With those online courses with flexible scheduling, he was able to do many things with his apprenticeship under Detective Tsukauchi.

When he graduated from high school, Tsukauchi offered him a spot in the Police Academy to train to become an officer, and Izuku thought about the offer. He respected the job that the police did for their country, but he wasn't really sure. When he brought up his thoughts of possibly not becoming a police officer fully, Tsukauchi understood.

"You don't NEED to be a police officer. But at least take the training, so it would look good on your resume. If you prefer, I can mostly teach you about my job, teach you self defense, and make sure you know how to fight."

Izuku accepted his offer happily. So while Bakugo was training to be a hero for three years, Izuku was training under Tsukauchi's wing. When Bakugi graduated with a pro hero license, Izuku got his own black belt in karate and a special badge to use when he had to investigate ghostly cases with no backup near him.

Afterwards, Izuku became a Mixologist and got a job as a bartender at one of the cleanest bars in Japan. The last Izuku had seen Bakugo was on the billboard as the third ranked hero in Japan.

The bar he worked at was a clean family establishment during the day, but it closed for a few hours during the afternoon to set up for a more party setting for more night dwelling social people. Izuku's job is simple. He mixes up the drinks for any patrons who pay for them, keeps his eyes out for anything that guys might slip into said drinks, and call the cabs for any intoxicated people that need help getting home. His job is to make sure everyone is safe in the establishment and taken care of.

Right now, it was a slow night for both the living and the dead. Izuku normally talks or at least sees a few ghosts during the nighttime near the bar where he worked at. But tonight, no ghost was around and the living people didn't stick around that long to keep the bar full. Izuku was drying some glasses while a friend of his that Tsukauchi's friend Eraserhead introduced him to.

"Hey, can I get another one of these?" Shinso asked, holding up his coffee cup that Izuku refilled many times before.

Izuku sighed, "I think you are good with three cups of coffee for your night patrol, Shinso-kun."

"But Midoriya!" Shinso complained.

"No buts. If you ask nicely, I might just get you some caffeinated tea that might actually keep you awake." Izuku relented, making Shinso pump his fists into the air with delight. Shinso then froze when his words fully registered.

Shinso arched a brow, "What no sugar?"

"You can have honey. No sugar. I don't want you to have a sugar rush in the middle of your patrol." Izuku said.

"No fun... May I please have the tea?" Shinso asked slowly.

Izuku smiled at his friend, "Of course. Coming right up."

No sooner did Izuku place a cup of tea in Shinso's hands, Tsukauchi strolled into the bar looking serious. He strolled over to Izuku with a case file in his hand.

"Izuku. We have a case." Tsukauchi said directly to the point. No one else was in the bar except Shinso and Izuku, so there was no need to keep the information on the low.

Shinso stood from his chair, grabbing his to go cup to pour his tea into. "Welp. That's my cue. Thanks for the tea."

"You're welcome. Bye, good luck." Izuku waved goodbye to his friend who raised his hand in a short farewell. Shinso took a long sip of his tea before looking back at him.

"Thanks. I'll need it!" Shinso called back over his shoulder.

Izuku told Tsukauchi to wait while he checked out of his shift. It ended a while ago, but he was just waiting until Shinso finished up. Tsukauchi stood outside the bar while Izuku took care of closing up for that night.

Izuku locked the doors to the front and looked up at his mentor, "So, what is the case?"