CHAPTER 37: Dumb But Good In A Way

Start from the beginning

“Yes. He put everyone in a hall and gave them a test paper each. Of course, it sounded easier than what really happened because he had to first eliminate away those whose IQ is way too low, or the man who is pretending to be woman, etc. There is a mock paper, a final paper, followed by an interview. With each round, he managed to eliminate more and more candidates until there is only one.”

Lisa has never heard of such a thing. “Wow, this is so complicated. Are you sure there are enough people to take the test?”

“Sure there are. In fact, the examination hall can get pretty heated with all the action. Ah, I still have the examination paper with me. If there are people who ask me now if Jungkook has a girlfriend, I will let them take the paper. If they score below 60, I will tell them to forget about him.”

Lisa licks her lips that have suddenly gone dry. “May…. May I try?”

“Sure you can. The questions are in my iPad. Let me retrieve it for you.”

He has even turn the paper into an application? Lisa opens the test and chooses the simplified Korean option. Suddenly feeling shy, she asks Jin if she can make a copy of the questions so that she can try it out in her iPad. Jin understands that she is worried of holding up his time and shakes his head. “Don’t worry, you can take your time to play around. I can use the time to read some documents.”

“If that is the case, thanks.” Lisa holds the iPad and looks at the first question. Funny, she does not understand. After a difficult moment….

“Excuse me, can you explain this question to me?”

He is a little curious. “Didn’t you choose the simplified korean option? Although you get extra points if you choose a language option that is not your mother tongue, I can tell you that it is not that easy.”

“I did choose simplified Korean, then after that, I do not understand.”

“If I help to explain the question, do you think you will be able to figure out the answer?”

“Unlikely.”

“If that is the case, just try your luck and use your powers of imagination.”

Seems like she does not have much choice. Her fingers fly over the iPad and she manages to finish a 2-hour paper in 10 minutes. When it comes to the last question which is an open-ended question, she types “Jungkook  is a psychopath!”

When lisa passes the iPad back to Jin, he keys in something to the iPad which will compute her scores automatically. Looking at the screen, he smiles. “I really have to salute you.”

“Really?” Lisa feels a little flutter in her chest. “How many points did I get?”

“You manage to avoid all the correct answers and achieve a perfect 0. This is quite a distance from the passing mark.”

Lisa slumps dejectedly. “I think I can finally understand why he is always making fun of my intelligence.”

He comforts her. “There is no need to feel sad. We are only normal people. He is the one who is weird.”

Although she can also choose to see it that way, Lisa finds it hard to shrug off her score just like that. Seeking justification, she asks Jin. “This is such a sicko paper, is there anyone who passed?”

“There are. In fact, someone even scored full marks.”

Man should really never compare himself with others so Lisa shuts up. At her silence, jin is curious. “Why are you not asking me about the person whom Qiao Feng choose in the end?”