She was speechless, no words leaving her mouth as she just gripped onto him tighter, her tears staining his shirt. He eventually put her down, holding her at arms length and looking her up and down.

"You've even more beautiful than I remember." He said quietly, blinking away the tears in his eyes. "Hyemi, I'm so sorry about everything. I-I-I thought I was doing what was best for us but I was wrong. There wasn't a single day on tour that I wasn't thinking about you. I woke up everyday just wanting to see you, to hear your voice again."

The tears were streaming down her face now, unable to stop the rush of emotions that hit her.

"I'll understand if you've moved on, and I'll leave you alone. I just want you to be happy, but I had to come back. I had to try to give us another chance and-"

She cut him off by curing his face and pressing their lips together. It only took Jaehyun a second to react, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her against him as they kissed.

"I love you, Jaehyun." She whispered out as she pulled away, resting their foreheads together. "No matter how hard I tried, I never stopped loving you."

"I-I love you too." Jaehyun said with a stunned smile. "I love you so much, Lee Hyemi."

With a grin, he picked her up and spun her around, pulling her into another kiss as cheers came from the doorway. When Hyemi turned, she saw Yeji and Jaemin peeking through the entrance next to Jeno, the three of them all whooping in excitement at their sweet reunion.

"You guys knew!" She exclaimed, pointing an accusatory finger towards her friends.

"It was Jaehyun's plan." Yeji said, "he's been asking about you for weeks, ever since he arrived back in Korea."

"Non. Stop. Texts." Jaemin said, rolling his eyes as Hyemi turned to look at Jaehyun.

"Like I said, I never stopped thinking about you. The moment I landed, I just wanted to get back to you. I had to tie up some loose ends, but I'm here now."

"I've missed you." She said, gripping his hands.

"She's not kidding!" Jeno called out, "she hasn't been the same without you here, man."

Hyemi turned to him with a scowl, causing the boy to raise his hands in defense.

"He's right, Hyemi, you haven't been the same. You don't dance with anyone the way you dance with Jae, and that smile on your face hasn't been that big in months." Jaemin added with a smirk.

"Speaking of dance," Jaehyun started, spinning Hyemi around to face him. "Since I took a gap year for the tour, it seems like I'm going to be starting my fourth year here and I need a team to compete with... got any openings on yours?"

Her eyes widened as she realized what he had just said.

"You're going to be coming back to school?"

"Yup, you're stuck with me for a whole year and Taeyong talked to his agency and they agreed to sign me after I graduate as a non-touring backup dancer here in Seoul." He said with a smile.

"So you're here to stay?"

"For as long as you'll let me."

"Well... we just might have a spot for you. But you're not allowed to take away my spot as captain."

"As long as you don't let anyone take away my spot as your boyfriend, then we're all good."

"Sounds like a deal, welcome to the team." She laughed out as the two hugged each other again.

"We're gonna head out," Yeji called from the doorway, not wanting to intrude anymore on their reunion. "See you at rehearsal tomorrow, lovebirds." With a smile, the three of them dipped their heads and left the room.

"Let's get out of here, it's been too long since we've been on a real date." Jaehyun said, grabbing her hand and picking up his dance bag. "Congrats, by the way, I heard you guys won Nationals again last year. You have to tell me all about the team."

"And you'll have to tell me all about the tour."

"Not much to tell. Long hours, the same choreo every night. Honestly, I spent most of the time thinking about you and the team and getting back here. But I did want to thank you."

"Why?"

"For giving me something to dance for."

- - -

Y'all didn't really think I'd leave it on a sad ending right? Hehe I could never.

I hope you guys enjoyed the story! Thank you so much for reading, and keep your eyes out for the upcoming Haechan mafia au that'll be released next week!

-Author Hyun