Chapter 22 | "tell you"

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, it's awards time! Thank you to all this year's sectionals participants, you did an outstanding job!"

The rest of the competition had gone well for them. Both the group dance and female solos were amazing, and Hyemi was happy to say that the team was in good spirits. Now they were all gathered on stage, stuck between their biggest rival, Korea University's The Next Level team and her brothers Black Dragons team.

"Starting with female solo top 5. Fifth place: Jeon Soyeon of the Seoul University Black Dragons!"

Hyemi applauded as Soyeon rose from next to them to go and collect her medal. Hyemi turned to look at her brother, he had a worried frown on his face. This sectionals was going to be tough and with the collective score determining who went to nationals, everyone needed to be perfect.

"In fourth place, Jung Wheein from Yeonsei University's Phoenix Crew!"

The unfamiliar girl in their golden jacket went to get her award next. She remembered the crew name as one that Sana had previously mentioned to her as one of their top competitors.

"In third place, Minatozaki Sana from the Seoul University All Stars!"

Hyemi turned to the older girl with a smile, clapping loudly as she went to go and collect her bronze trophy. Hyemi met eyes with Jaehyun who let out a relieved huff. They took the best score in each category and having Sana in the top 3 meant they were still in the running.

"In second place, Kim Winter from Korea University's The Next Level!"

Hyemi scowled as the girl went to get her award. She hoped that Momo was able to grab a first place victory over the Next Level soloist. It would really help them in the overalls. She turned to the Japanese girl who had a nervous smile on her face. She saw Chaeyoung gripping one of her hands and Hyemi quickly went to grasp her other one, all of them silently hoping to hear her name.

"And in first place, your sectionals Womens solo champion will be... Hirai Momo of the Seoul University All Stars, congratulations!"

Momo shot up from her seat, smiling in shock as she went to go and collect her first place award. From around her, Hyemi's teammates all celebrated this victory, and Jaehyun smiled widely as he embraced Momo when she came to sit back down.

"Congrats girl, amazing job!" Hyemi said, squeezing her shoulder.

"Thanks, Hye, I can't believe it!"

"Hey Momo," Taeyong whispered, leaning over from next to them. "Congrats, you were great."

"Thanks, Taeyong"

Hyemi smiled at her brother, the two of them sharing a nervous glance before the next awards were announced.

"Alright now time for the male solo awards top 5. In fifth place: Choi Yeonjun from Yeonsei's Phoenix Crew!"

Hyemi tensed, a small hopeful smile on her face as the announced the Phoenix Crew's dance captain had placed 5th. But she didn't want to get ahead of herself, the ringer from Thailand was still there.

"And in fourth place: Nakamoto Yuta from the Seoul University All Stars!"

Hyemi turned to look at the boy, a sad smile on his face as he stepped up to graciously accept the award.

"Third place: Lee Jeno from the Seoul University Black Dragons!"

Hyemi gasped, instantly clapping for her friend as he went to go and step up for his award. As he walked by, he shot Hyemi a wink, bowing to the crowd.