Chapter 14

I quickly rushed inside and up to my bedroom to get ready, I had another quick shower and then blow-dried my hair. I curled my hair and put it in a half up half down look, simple but elegant. I applied some light makeup as I didn't want to overdo it. just some blush lipstick, powdered foundation, mascara and some light pink eye shadow. I then walked back out to my room and put on my dress, I then chose my rose gold high heels and then looked at myself in the mirror. I smiled, I feel good and I look good.

I walked downstairs to meet Caleb who was in a nice black suit "don't you look handsome" I said "thanks, don't you look beautiful, gee little sis you trying to make  a statement?" Caleb asked me "I just want to look and feel good, after how upset I've been, I deserve this," I said to him "fair enough" he replied. we walked out to the car and Caleb drove us to the venue. 

when we arrived, he parked the car and then opened my door for me, like a gentleman, "thanks" I said as he helped me out of the car, we linked arms and walked inside. there were cameras everywhere, "wow, I didn't expect there to be this much publicity," I said to Caleb "yeah, well we are trying to fundraise do the more publicity the better" he answered, I nodded. we were lined up behind a few of the other players, we had to wait to get our photo taken, it was a bit like the Brownlow's, to be honest. we were waiting a while before I was tapped on the shoulder "mini Marchbank! how are you?" I turned around and Zac was standing there with a stunning looking Jen "hey fish, I'm good thanks, Jen you look stunning!" I said "Oh don't even start with me, you look like a goddess in that dress girl," Jen said complimenting me, we stayed and chatted for a while until Caleb and I were called forward, we took a few photos and then were lead to our table, it was stunning inside all the table cloths were classic black but were decorated with little pops of colour, every table had a different colour. the lights were dimmed, and it looked so nice. Caleb and I took our seats and a little while later Zac and Jen joined us, we talked for a while before my phone went off, 3 times, I took out my phone and looked at the notifications, it was a google alert saying that I had been mentioned in an article. I clicked on the notification and then read the title "Monique Marchbank at the gala with her brother Caleb, where's Charlie?" I rolled my eyes and scrolled to the next article "Charlie at the Gala without Monique, is there trouble in paradise?" I laughed it off, the third one "Monique Marchbank and Charlie Curnow, at the gala with different dates" I locked my phone "what's up?" Jen asked "oh just the media, talking about me and charlie not being at the gala together," I said shrugging, I knew it was bound to happen and so did everyone else. Charlie walked in and was allocated the table next to us, at least the wasn't on our table, Jack walked in not long after and he was allocated to our table. I greeted him nicely, I felt eyes burning through the back of my head, I turned around and charlie was looking at me, I gave him a kind smile and turned back around to join in the conversation with the rest of the table. 

after a while, the MC started talking about why we were all here, and what we were fundraising for, there were a few speeches and then the dance floor was open as well as the bar and food. I was starving I couldn't wait to eat, the waiters brought out the entrees, and I began eating, it was only light but it was better than nothing. "do you wanna dance?" Jack asked me, I nodded and he took my hand and walked to the dance floor, there was a slow song playing and Jack put his hands on my waist and I put my arms around his neck "I'm so sorry about everything that happened with charlie, I hope you guys can work it all out" he said "thanks I appreciate it, I'm sure he will forgive me soon" I said and smiled at him "I'm glad" he replied. we danced for a while, again I felt eyes burning into me and saw that again, charlie was watching me, it probably didn't help that I was dancing with jack, but we were just friends, we settled that, I smiled at him again and then turned my attention back to jack. other people were beginning to face as well, so it wasn't just jack and I on the dance floor. 

I told Jack that I needed to get some air and walked outside for a bit, I was feeling a little light-headed from all the lights, I sat down on a bench in silence just staring up at the star. a couple of minutes later the door opened, I didn't look up to see who it was, but whoever it was came and sat next to me "hey" they said quietly, Charlie, I recognized the voice anywhere "hey" I said back "you look beautiful tonight" he said, I blushed "thank you, you, look handsome" I replied, he smiled at me. we sat in silence before he spoke up again "I still love you" he said "me too charlie, I'm so sorry for what happened" I said "it's okay, I just need some time, I don't want to give up on us that easily" he said, I smiled at him "me either, thank you" I said, we sat in silence again  "do you want to dance?" he asked me "of course" I smiled and he took my hand and we walked back inside to dance, I wrapped my arms around his neck and his around my waist, I leaned my head on his shoulder, I missed this, I missed us, but he needed time, and I understand that ill give him as much time and space as he needs, I will get charlie back.

A/N 

HEY ALL, ANOTHER CHAPTER, 

IM GETTING WRITERS BLOCK SO ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

THANK YOU FOR READING

ALL THE LOVE - M XX