An Unexpected Encounter

Start from the beginning

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

Class: Jack Of All Trades
Element: Universal
Weapon: Longsword

Attributes
Strength: S
Vitality: A
Agility: S
Affinity: S

The sight of this shocked me. Based on Jack Of All Trades, it should be right for me to assume I can fit the role of anything.

Universal must mean I can use any element. This seemed useful. I didn't want to attract too much attention to myself, so i concentrated my inner mind. The Dark Element entered my thoughts. I used the skill "Deception". It replaced my original profile with a fake.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka (Deception)

Strength: C+
Vitality: C
Agility: C
Affinity: C-

That seemed better. Although the thought of going all out in this world did enter my mind, I somehow just didn't want to attract attention.

After sorting out my thoughts, I went for a walk in the town's main plaza and shopping district.
The faint sound of my stomach rumbling was one of the sounds i could hear. I decided to buy some food.

I saw an old man selling chicken skewers. It did look appetizing. I bought three and ate the first 2 in the first couple of seconds. I decided to go to the tavern to gather information.

Once I entered the tavern, I was instantly greeted with the sound of adults drinking, lazily wasting their lives away. The smell of alchohol almost made me drunk and intoxicated. Nevertheless i pushed through it and went towards the bartender and sat down.

"Good day kid, what you having?"
The bartender asked.

"Give me one that isn't too strong."

"If that's the case, here you go. A pint of Fairy Ale."

I tossed him a gold coin. And began asking him questions.

"Have you seen any suspicious individuals lately?"

"Heh, you're in luck. I have intel on a group of young people in robes wondering around the outskirts of the city. They were last seen in the east gate. Maybe you can catch up to them if you go now."

"Anything else?"

"Unfortunately, no. That's all I know. They were wearing bizzare clothing though, that's for sure."

"Alright. Thanks. Keep the change."

I threw 3 more gold coins toward him and began to set off back to the inn.

When I reached the inn, I immediately headed for Sudou's room.

I knocked thrice before making myself known.

"Sudou, it's me. Open up."

"Is that Ayanokouji? Perfect timing, come in, I found someone."

I wondered who it was. I took a deep breath, before opening tbe door.

3 people came into view. One had red, blazing hair. It was Sudou. The other with long, gourgeous black hair, it was Horikita. The other was a certain grayish-silver-platinum haired girl. I didn't expect Hiyori to be here.

"Kiyotaka-kun?"
She seemed surprised to see me.

I looked closely at her face. It had tears. She looked like she had been crying for a while now. I went closer to her to talk to her. Before I reached her, she instantly rose up and ran towards me, still with tears in her eyes. She hugged me and almost knocked me over.

"Kiyotaka-kun! I do- don't know what happened! Please help my classmates! They're getting attacked!"

That certainly seemed like a  problem. Without wasting time, I looked towards Horikita. She seemed to know what I was implying, and without wasting a second, she agreed to help them.

"You should stay here Hiyori, we'll go."

"No! I want to come too."
She insisted.

I couldn't resist here crying face, and even knowing the consequences, hesitantly allowed her to join my party.

Since we would be saving her friends, I deemed the "Deception" skill to be useless. I stopped using it. Which was good. Because it had been sucking dry my mana for the past few hours. Luckily I seemed to have a higher mana capacity than normal people. I added Hiyori to my party.

Shiina Hiyori

Class: Priestess (seemed to fit her holy and pure nature)
Element: Light
Weapon: Staff

Attributes:

Strength: C
Vitality: C+
Agility: C+
Affinity: A-

Seems like Hiyori is made to be a support. All should be good. I told them to get ready, and meet me outside the inn in a back alley.

I went back to my room, preparef my belongings, and went outside.

In the quiet corner of the dark alley, I decided to tap once again into my inner mind, chose the Almighty Element, and decided to use "Instant Teleportation".

Just in time. After learning the skill, I saw Horikita,Sudou, and Hiyori.

"Here. Hiyori do you remember where your classmates were?"
I asked. I needed the location so we could teleport there.

"It was near the Great Swamp."
She said.

Great Swamp? I've never seen it. I once again tapped into my inner mind, and temporarily changed my class to "Scout". I learned the Scout's personal skill, "Scan Surroundings".

It helped a lot. I could see the whole landscape in my eye. I saw the Great Swamp, and teleported there with my party members.