prologue

Sweeter than sugar.

Colder than ice.

Fool me once I dare you, I'll kill you twice.

———————————————————————

Have you ever fallen in love? Now shush, I only asked for effect. I have loved, twice. Both of which I ended hurt in, physically and mentally. I took a bullet to the heart, twice. God knows why I'm still alive, quite frankly I should be dead.

Epic love, is how you'd describe me and him, star crossed yes, the stars worked against us and we weren't meant to be. But whatever.

Our demons play well together.

Isn't that all that matters?

Who cares about someone loving the good inside you? I saw his demons, and he saw mine, and they fell in love with each other at first sight. Quite romantic I say.

Love is a dangerous game they said, do one thing wrong and you're out. No they didn't mean you're out and then back in for the next round.

In this game.

Being out meant death.

But how could I have known that before I played?

What do you know about me? Not about Kim Byeol, about agent 001. What do you truly know about what I have done? What I've been through? My past is darker than obsidian, peek into it and you'll see nothing but blood and suffering. The more you try to conceal your secrets, the faster they chase you.

Maybe that's why my past has caught up to me.

—————————————————————

In war, there is no love nor mercy.

❝Let the games begin.❞