47.

Dominick's pov

I woke up the morning after storming out of the hospital. Arianna's machine had flatlined and I had to leave the room. I didn't know what to do and I feel like this is making me crazy. I worried that something bad will happen and the doctors won't say anything until the procedure is finished. I've been too scared to go upstairs and I've been sitting in the hospital cafe. I don't know if I can bare this any longer.

My mother came downstairs and told me that it was important that I came up. I kept asking her what was wrong, but she wasn't responding anymore. Everyone was huddled around Dr. Jones, but she didn't look very happy. "Now that everyone's here." she said wiping a tear from her eye. "Dominick, I'm sorry. She didn't make it. She passed before we got to the surgery room." she said. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

She's not dead. Arianna is not dead. She can't be dead. What am I supposed to do without her? How am I supposed to live without her? I can't. I won't. I refuse to believe that she's dead. How could they let her die? They're doctors for god sake. They're supposed to heal people. "Before, it seemed like she was coming out of her coma. That's why her stitches ripped from the sudden movements. Though with the new loss of blood, her body went through a trauma reaction that put her back in a coma. Just with the blood loss, she couldn't hold on this time." Mrs. Jones explains.

I felt tears running down my face. No. "She's not dead. Try again." I said. Mrs. Jones shook her head. "We can't." she said. I looked into her room to see her pale face. "TRY AGAIN!" I yelled. I can't lose her. I won't lose her. If they can't get her back then I follow with her. 

"Can I see her? For the last time, please." I asked. Mrs. Jones nodded and brought me over to her room. Arianna's face was drained from any color. There was no breathing movement. No eye movement. Nothing. She was gone. There wasn't anything they could do now. I grabbed her hand and pressed a kiss to it. 

"I'm so sorry, princess. So sorry that I couldn't you. That I could stop this from happening because it should've never happened. I'm sorry we didn't get to grow old together. Have a child together. Get married. Have our happily ever after. I'm sorry this is how you had to pass. You didn't deserve this. It's all my fault." I cried. I fell to my knees and sobbed into her side. She was supposed to make it. She wasn't supposed to leave me. We never got married yet. We never got to have our future.

"Dominick." Arianna said. I looked up. "How ar-"

"Dominick, wake up. Wake up." she said.

~dream over~ (super sorry, not (; )

"Dominick, is everything okay?" Zion asked. I rubbed my eyes clear to see it was Zion standing above me and Arianna was still in her coma. I sighed with a little disappointment. Of course, I'm happy that she's not dead, but I wish she was awake. I miss her more than anything right now. I mean everyone does. Lia has been crying her eyes out ever since we heard the news. Not even Sin can comfort her right now. I shook my head in response to Zion and put my head down. 

"I just had the worst dream of my life." I sighed. Zion had a look of pity on his face before he shook it off. He grabbed my arm and pulled me off the cold hospital floor. "Let's go eat." he said. I raised an eyebrow at him and pulled my arm away. I can't bring myself to eat. At least not until Arianna wakes up. The food won't fulfill me anyway. I sat down in the chair beside her bed and waved him off. 

Though as stubborn as he is, Zion pulled me off the chair and pushed it away. He doesn't take no for an answer at all. "Do you want to end up where she is next?" he asked. He's right. I hate to admit when I'm wrong, but I am. It wouldn't benefit Arianna if she won't up to see me in a hospital bed too. Though it's a risk I'm just willing to take. "I'm fine. I can just get some coffee later." I said.