55

"Eren is in the mouth

"Eren is in the mouth..." Mikasa's sudden change of tone sends a chill down my spine and I look back at her to see that she's wrapped the maroon scarf she always wears around her neck. "I'll kill him. Help me do it."

"Got it." Levi says and turns to me. "Stay here." He tells me sternly. A lump forms in my throat and I nod, biting back tears.

The two Ackermans take off towards the two titans that were engaged in a harsh and intent fight.

Levi shot one of his thunder spears straight at Eren's tooth and Mikasa flew right into his mouth.

...

The Path, which is usually dark, now has a more rosy-orange hue to it like an everlasting sunsent. It no longer smells like tears and sorrow.

It smells like peace... And roses?

I look down to see a young rose bush sprouting near my feet, red and white buds adorning it.

"You're here," his velvety voice echoes throughout the Path but I cannot tell which direction his voice came from, so I end up looking around me in bewilderment.

He appears in front of me, dark hair tied back in his casual messy bun. He wears his usual olive-green shirt with the zigzag thread pattern at the collar, along with worn out pants.

He raises his hand in a wave, and it seems as though he's almost glowing. His slightly tan complexion illuminates like that of a full moon's milky light.

"I took your powers away by the way," he giggles, the hand that was previously raised flies to cover his face as he suppresses a laugh. "You're gonna be so shocked. I took everyone's away though! Don't worry. Eldians can't be titans anymore."

I stare at him in awe, not knowing how to respond. He smiles uncomfortably and clasps his hands together, the sound echoing throughout the Path loudly.

"Anyways," he clears his throat and looks down. "I... Um... Mikasa is going to kill me now so I just wanted to say that... If you... You know..." He shrugs and scratches the back of his head. "Possibly ever wanna join me I'll be here in the Path."

He gives me a wide grin.

Tears begin to fall from my eyes at his heartwarming behavior. He waits patiently as I wipe my tears away, pushing my mental breakdown deep inside and locking it up for later.

"Is this your way of asking me out?" I shake my head slightly when he smirks.

"No, it's my way of proposing, silly," he rolls his eyes and extends his hand, but then he lets it fall. "Nevermind, if you ever decide on yes you know how to find me."

I stay silent once again, knowing full well that in order to be with him, I'd have to die. It was either him or my other friends.

"If it's a no, I understand. "I'll build you your own glass house if you do choose me. Not bribery, by the way!" He waves his hand jokingly. "Either way, we'll meet again." His gaze turns to the floor and his aloof smile falls. "See you... (Y/N)... And I'm truly sorry for what I put you through."