42

Another group of soldiers walked into the room and glared down at me from the floor where I sat, holding Armin

Another group of soldiers walked into the room and glared down at me from the floor where I sat, holding Armin. One of them violently yanked me off the floor and I noticed Eren tense and glare at the soldier. The soldier clasps handcuffs on my wrists behind my waist and I can't help but glare at Eren with disdain.

He stared back at me with his lips in a straight line, his eyes slightly downturned. And that's when I caught it: the tears in his eyes. Barely noticeable, but they were definitely there.

My eyes went wide as I looked back at him, the soldiers pushing me out of the room along with Mikasa and Armin. He held my gaze and I couldn't help but feel sympathy.

How could I feel sympathy for a murderer, though? Someone that was responsible for genocide. What even is his endgame? What is it that he wants so much? He's willing to throw his only family under the bus for it.

But I suppose his only family is Zeke now.

I hadn't realized my eyes were filled with tears as the soldiers lead us down the halls and out to the carriages waiting to take us away.

After they aggressively pooled us into a carriage, they slammed the door shut and now I was alone with Mikasa and Armin, who sat opposite of me. Mikasa gently dabbed at Armin's bruises and blood with a rag, he winced but let her.

The carriage began moving and I averted my eyes to the window, everything rushed by pretty quickly but my mind felt slow, still lagging behind to what happened a few minutes earlier.

I felt bad about how badly hurt Armin was and how sad Mikasa felt, but I know there has to be an alterior motive to Eren's actions.

He wouldn't hurt his friends for no reason.

"(Y/N)," Mikasa's soft voice shakes me from my thoughts and when I look up I realize they're standing outside of the carriage, a few annoyed Jeagerists standing around them with guns pointed at me.

I slowly climb out of the carriage. Had I been thinking about Eren that long?

A soldier steps forward and grips my shoulder tightly, leading the three of us into the foreign building.

We were led into a small room and given different clothes to wear. The three of us changed in the same room, and then we were taken out again.

A soldier led us down a narrow hallway void of decorations and down a few sets of stairs.

We turned into another hallway, which is more dim than the previous hallways. The Jeagerist leads us past many cells, down another flight of stairs and then stops in front of a cell that already had people in it.

I realized that it was Jean, Connie, Sasha's family and Niccolo, along with Izumi.

The three of us are pushed into the cell and the barred door locks behind us with a click.