47

"And now, it is time for us so execute these two volunteers who dared to turn against the Eldian empire!" Floch says to the gathered crowd of the Eldians of Paradis

My head is now wrapped in a thick gauze, which is probably completely soaked with my blood, and a few other wounds have opened up again, I didn't know healing was reverse-able. It's scary but I honestly don't care.

Floch points his gun at Yelena. "This criminal is named Yelena! She went against Marley and helped Eldians but her true intentions were to support Zeke's Euthanasia Plan!"

The crowd yells profanity and curses at her, calling her rude names and cursing her family. "Any last words, Yelena?" Floch says, cocking his pistol.

"Are you going to shoot yet?" Yelena asks monotonously.

Floch moves on to Onyankopon. "This is Onyankopon! He worked hard for Eldia, ignorant of the Euthanasia Plan. He dared say he'd choose death over a life serving the Eldian empire!"

The whole scene was sickening. What's the different between Eldians and Marleyans if we're going to be just as oppressive?

"If you've changed your mind, now is the time to-"

Floch's sentence gets cut off by Onyankopon's laughter. "I assisted Eldia in order to save my homeland from Marley! To help all of you as well!" He cries, eyes glistening with tears. "And because of my assistance, my homeland and family will be slaughtered!"

I glance to my right, at Jean, who has stepped closer to Onyankopon. His hand grips a gun. I don't know why he insisted on having me stand close to him.

"Every one of you here has to know! The outrage that is sudden, indiscriminate murder! Why do none of you understand?!" Onyankopon turns his head around and Jean raises his gun to his head. "Say something, Jean! (Y/N), please!"

I turn my head away from him to keep from acting irrationally. The tears and desperation in his eyes made me want to save him but I couldn't. I'd probably get killed.

Jean fires his fun four times. Boom, boom, boom, boom. I flinch and keep my eyes glued to the cloudless blue sky. So vibrant for such a ruthless, morbid day.

"Damn, I missed..." Jean murmurs from beside me, causing me to look back at Onyankopon and Jean.

I raise an eyebrow at him. You never miss, Jean. He glances at me and intakes sharply.

"What... Are you do-" Floch gets cut off by screams and yells of panic. I turn my head to see the Cart titan flinging Jeagerists left and right.

Jean grabs my wrist and pushes Floch back just as the Cart leaps forward, opening its abstract mouth and clamping down on me, Jean, Onyankopon and Yelena.

"It smells so bad..." Onyankopon gags and I resist the urge to follow suit when the bad stench of the Cart titan's breath reaches my nostrils.

At this point, I'm bathing in its saliva, but I don't care about that. I can feel Jean's grip on my hand tighten as he pulls me closer in the dark.