T W E N T Y-T W O

Start from the beginning

Luna tilted her head and looked up at him with a small smile. "It's just a small injury, silly." She said in a sweet voice.

The slytherin bit his lip and cupped her face in both of his palms. "Why were you at the ministry battle? It was dangerous, Luna, and you could have been killed." He looked down at her with sad eyes.

"I'm completely fine, see?" She flapped her hands about like a bird. "Hm." Luna hummed and dropped her strangely made glasses down onto the bridge of her nose. "You should be careful, the wrackspurts are trying to invade your ears again, Blaise." She waved her hands around his ears to rid of the invisible creature.

Blaise playfully rolled his eyes and placed Luna's glasses back on her head. "I'm sure I'll be fine. They usually leave once you're here, I think you scare them." He smirked and tucked a stand blonde hair behind her ear. Luna let out a light giggle and Athea felt the spell begin to wear off. The last thing she saw before turning away from the couple was Blaise leaning down to bring his and Luna's lips together. She was good for him, as long as Blaise was happy, Athea could let her worries die. She had always cared dearly for her friends, sometimes it felt like they were all she ever had. He seemed to have settled down ever since he had met Luna, she looked to be a good influence for him.

"So," Mila's voice brought Athea from her thoughts. "What did you two horny kids get up to the other night?"

Atheas head snapped to her left, she sent a ruthless glare at her friends who was wearing a very mischievous smirk. Mila bit her lip to hold in her laughter. "Oh, come on." She drawled. "We all know what went down in that dorm." She smirked.

She heard Draco crack his neck. "Yeah?" He raised a brow at Mila. "What about you and Granger? You two seemed very comfortable when we walked in on you." He copied Mila's smirk.

Mila squinted her eyes at him, rolling her tongue on the inside of her cheek. "Whatever. " Looking away she watched Hermione who was now further away in front with her friends. "But next time you two wanna shag, don't interrupt mine."

"So, you two have shagged?" Athea grinned at her best friends, who was blushing -  which was rather unusual for her.

Mila placed a finger on Athea's lips. "That's a secret." She smirked. "But, if you ever want to join us, I'm down and I'm sure Hermione will be too." Mila sent her a cheeky wink.

Draco rolled his eyes. "I think Avalon appreciates the offer, Clancey." Athea spotted a wide smirk on his face. "But, if I remember correctly, she was left very pleased after ou-"

Athea shoved his arm. "Be quiet!" She tried to bite back a smile, but found it quite difficult. "That's private."

"Mhm." Draco hummed, grinning while running his fingers through his slick hair.

*****

Her stomach was turning, a tight coil wrapped around her lungs as she took deep, focused breaths. Her eyes were sealed shut, squeezing her sockets tight until a wrinkled pattern appeared around her lids. Her muscles felt tense and stiff like a rustic object-both strained and rigid she fought with her nerves in a rough battle against fear. She didn't know what to expect, standing outside of her manor.

She wondered how her father would act after being threatened to no longer bring any more harm to her. He wouldn't, no, couldn't abuse her anymore-but, sometimes words can be just as powerful, cruel and damaging. Athea knew that she looked different. Maybe he would make a nasty comment about her appearance, he was quite fond of that in the past.

She had gained more weight and her skin wasn't as grey as before, she looked healthier-however, she knew he would find something to diminish her newfound confidence.