T H I R T E E N

~silk~

~silk~

A/n you may like this chapter hehe

Being surrounded by Mila and her loving family brought a wave of comfort over me. The love and happiness that casually hovered in the air was contagious-I was drinking it all in like a medicine that healed my trauma. A small part of me was envious. In some moments, like when Mila's mother and father would wrap their arms around their daughter when she came down for breakfast, I would wish that my parents would do the same.

Something that made me smile was how Mr and Mrs Clancey would treat me as I were their own. They acted as if were a part of the family. My heart would warm when Mr Clancey would bring me and Mila a hot coco every night before bed.

Most of the time we would finish the beverage and end up staying up hours after we should-but I still cherished the kind act.

It was new years eve, and there would be a party at Mila's home to celebrate. It wouldn't be as busy as the Christmas ball at my manor, and I couldn't help but feel relief at that. I knew that Nolan would be attending - I prayed that Lavender would not.

I sent a letter addressed to Nolan a day after Christmas asking if I could see him. Sadly, he declined-saying he was busy with something he had been assigned to do at the end of the school year.

I did miss him, he was my boyfriend after all.

But, another boy was always intruding my thoughts lately - and I made sure to push them away before they could take over.

"You're not gonna make me do that airplane thing that people do with toddlers, are you?" Mila raised her eyebrows at me, pointing to the spoon that was still sitting in the tomato soup her mother made us.

My eyes shot to her to send her an irritated glare. "You don't." I picked up the spoon.

I wanted to get better. I needed to get better. I knew that I wasn't healthy, my weight was concerning and worrying. It was important that I stared eating-It might take a long time but, it would be worth it in the end.

Nolan would want me more if I looked like the other girls, if I had their bodies. So that's why I blinked before bringing the spoon to my lips.

Before the liquid entered my mouth, the smell of the soup made my eyes widen. It smelled delicious. Whatever Mrs Clancey was doing when cooking the meal was certainly working.

I heard my stomach growl.

My tastebuds inspected the soup now sitting in my mouth, I hadn't yet swallowed. Then the back of my throat started to fight the to meal away. I felt slightly sick, and before my body could put off the soup anymore I forced myself to swallow.

And nothing happened.

A wide smile appeared onto my face, eyes glistening as they danced over to Mila. "I did it!" I beamed with bright features. "Mila, I actually ate it!" A laugh broke from me.