39°

Dedicated to the litnaijateens for the amazing new cover(s)(plus the  one up there) they're amazing.

    If you're looking for an amazing book cover or aesthetics, go straight to litnaijateensThey make the best covers.

  Okay, let's get started.......

  Zephan

      "Maybe that girl...what's her name again...yeah, Tara, ditched you for the christmas party" Said my elder brother, Andre and he laughed, along with my sister Andrea.

   Gosh! Only God knows what they have against Tara.

   But I shouldn't be siding since Tara doesn't like them too.

    "Yeah, I never really liked that.....oh, the doorbell" my sister said and I jumped up, rushing to the door.

   "Guy, chill naw, maybe she's not the one sef" Andre laughed.

    I opened the door, and there stood my girlfriend, looking at her shoes shyly.

   "Babe" I hugged her and pulled her into a kiss while she pushed me away at the same time.

   "Zeph, how are you?" She side stepped me and walked into the house.

   I was about to close the door when I noticed something, Dazzline's Porsche was the driveway.

   What's Dazzline's car doing here?

"Babe, is Dazzline outside?" I asked and she shook her head quickly.

  "No, you know she's at Gabriel's" she replied and I eyed her suspiciously. Something was off about Tara.

   The accent. Tara's american accent isn't as strong as this.

     "So why is her car here?" I asked.

"I borrowed it. I'm learning how to drive" she replied. Her phone buzzed and she took it out from her pocket.

    I stared at her phone pouch. It's different. It looks like Dazzline's pouch. I shrugged.

Maybe they decided to use the same kind of pouch.

     We walked to the living room and sat, "Hi Andre, hi Andrea"

   That's weird, Tara never greets my siblings.

  Andre and Andrea, being the fools they are, look at each other and burst into laughter, making me wonder what's funny.

  "Dude, she greeted us" Andrea laughed.

  "Yeah, with no sarcasm or anger, girl, I'm surprised" replied Andre.

   "Can you guys just shut the fuck up? If you don't want her here, then leave" I said, glaring at them.

    "How can we not want her here? After all, she's the love of your life duh" Andrea replied with a bored tone, rolling her eyes.

   "Uh Zephan, I can leave if they don't want me here" Tara said to me, picking up her bag.

  "No, they'll leave" I replied and faced my sibling. "Right?"

  They rolled their eyes and left. They know better than to get me annoyed.

  "So how are you?" I asked as she sat in the couch next to me.

   "I'm fine" she replied, staring hard at her phone and then hissed, shaking her head.