Chapter 3

Hondo's team met with Hicks, Lynch and Strong at headquarters. Hondo put the envelope down hard on the table and said "These guys took off for Rome!" Strong took the envelope and looked at it closely. Cortez joined them and said "We also made an incredible discovery!" Everyone looked at them. Cortez nodded at Strong. Strong went to the monitor and opened the surveillance videos and zoomed in on a girl with reddish-brown hair. She swallowed and said "Apparently my sister Emilia Strong, who is dead, is one of the perpetrators, which suggests the Strong family has something to do with this." Chris looked at Strong and noticed. Strong could barely speak because she was so sad. Hondo asked "And is it certain that the Strong family has something to do with this?" Strong swallowed and said "I'm sorry guys I need a minute to rest." She left the command center and headed toward the locker rooms. Chris looked to Deacon and followed her. Cortez answered Hondo's question "I've investigated. There is no accurate evidence that she actually died." Deacon asked "How do you think she died?" Cortez looked behind Strong and replied "Romy told me that her mother put a bullet in her sister's head while she was training." Tan and Luca looked at each other in shock. Hondo asked "How old was Strong's sister then?" Cortez replied "She was five years old." Deacon thought about it and said "Then I understand why Strong needs some rest right now."

Strong went into the locker room. She took the benches and threw them across the room, screaming loudly in grief. Then she went to her closet and emptied it. By throwing everything to the floor. Just as she was about to throw a picture frame with a photo of her and Chris on the floor. She stopped and sank to the floor. She buried her face in her arms and let out a sob.
Chris entered the locker room and asked "What happened here?" She saw Strong crouched on the floor. And was able to answer the question herself and said "Oh...I see." she walked over to Strong and sat down next to her. She put an arm around her and said "You don't have to pretend...grieving is okay." Strong looked at her for a moment and then buried her head again. Chris tried to comfort her.

After several minutes, Strong had calmed down and was about to join Chris in cleaning up the mess. When Hicks came into the locker room. Hicks looked around in confusion and asked, "What the heck happened here? But never mind. Strong, Alonso yours and Roker's team travel to Rome." Chris and Strong looked at each other. Hicks noticed the confusion "We've put out a worldwide negotiation against the youths and the Italian government needs our support." Strong understood what he meant. Chris asked "Should we clean up here first?" Hicks looked around and replied "No, their flight leaves in twenty minutes! You need to go." Chris led the way. Strong walked up to the Commander and apologized "Sorry Commander...I wasn't in control!" Hicks looked at her inquiringly and said "Cortez already told me you almost hit her with a chair. You were really lucky that no one unexpected came in here this time. Strong I like you but if this becomes a habit I'm afraid I'll have to relieve you of duty!" Strong thanked him and followed Chris.