A ninja knocked on the door and came in. Both of them looked at him. They were both wearing a blank expression when they looked at him and the ninja felt awkward.

“Koizumi-san, the Hokage wants to talk to you.” He said, coughing out of awkwardness.

“Oh okay okay. I’ll follow you in a sec.” Nami smiled at him. He nodded then went outside again. Nami’s face went serious after a second but her eyes told a different emotion. She was kind of afraid, not of Sasuke but with what she was feeling because of Sasuke. She feels like something bad will happen again. She sighed again, standing up. She looked at Sasuke, He didn’t seem to believe what she just said.

She started walking towards the door and stopped mid-way without looking back, her back turned to Sasuke. “Sasuke, Don’t ever forget your promise to me, okay?” You promised me you wouldn’t go.

And she left.

A few minutes after she left, Sakura came back with apples on Sasuke and Nami’s room.

….

….

….

….

Nami stared at the vacant bed beside her. When she came back on her room, Sasuke wasn’t there anymore. Neither were Sakura and Naruto who she passed by earlier which was going to visit them. There was only a plate of apple on the side table which she didn’t touch since she came back. She stared out at the window.

“You’re really an idiot, Sasuke.” She mumbled, rubbing her face out of frustration.

She was listening.

She was listening earlier while her teammates were fighting. She can hear it clearly even from the Hokage’s office at the hospital. Tsunade had no idea what was happening at the hospital’s roof.

Nami stared absentmindedly at the Hokage’s mouth. She focused on hearing what was happening up there instead of listening on what the Hokage is saying.

She couldn’t go.

She was afraid.

She knew, at the back of her head that Sasuke would eventually be too obsessed with revenge that he will forget them, their team. That he was going to be swallowed by darkness. That he will do this and it will just be a matter of time before he will do it. Nami did everything to stop it. But she can’t.

The fight stopped. Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke went on their own. She was sent back to her hospital room.

She was wearing her hospital gown and a dextrose was put on her wrist. She hugged her knees, burying her face.

She felt really weak right now. Sasuke is going to leave.

Since they were kids, She and Sasuke were both inseparable. She knew Sasuke more than others and Sasuke knows her well. Then she met Neji, Kiba, Shikamaru,Naruto, Sakura, Hinata, all of her friends right now.

She shook her head while she remembered how she tried to protect her friends. Other times she succeeds but other times she just failed. Like this times.