3- Back ally

The purple and orange colours is smudged all over the sky. The air starting to slowly heat up feeling returning to my fingers. The forest is silent. "Louise." I call reaching up to tap her foot. She sits up properly scanning the area.
"We need to go." I hiss preparing to descend. She mumbles something but then slowly starts climbing down. She looked horrible. The dark rings under her eyes and the paleness of her skin was a drastic change from our first meeting. The only colour visible was in her golden locks. She stops on the branch next to mine her eyes drooping. She picks up the rope rolling it. The look of the nightmare filled sleep. Oh how I know the look. She passes me the rope her eyes growing wide when she sees my arm. "What happened." She leans in closer frowning at the blood smeared up my arm.

"It's a scratch, I'll be fine." I assure placing the rope on my pack.
"Looks painful." She adds sitting down on the branch. Yeah it is. It grows silent for a bit the wind gently rocking the leaves. I swallow, my throat burning. I turn to face her. "There's a back ally way in town, hopefully it's still open."
"Back ally?"
"Yes, we're going to have to take it." I inform adjusting my belt. She gives me a troubled look clasping her hands together.
"Don't worry." I add. "My place is pretty close to it." Which is exactly why I chose it. Makes easy get away if need be. She nods still looking unsure. "What do we do when we get there?"
"We'll lay low for a little while until people forget about the whole thing." I answer wondering what dad would have done. Ha, dad wouldn't even be in this position in the first place.
"What about my uncle?" She wipes the strands of hair from her face her eyes slightly glossy.
"Umm, I'll go fetch him at night time." Is he even looking for her? She said he was sick? Is he already dead?
"Night time?" She raises her voice a bit. She cares for him.
"We can't risk getting caught in day light." I inform placing my pack on my back. She opens her mouth again ready to argue back.

"Louise." I sternly say her intended words slipping back into her mouth. "I won't risk it." She slowly nods, her palms lying on her thighs. We climb down the tree, blood spread across the ground. They must have attacked their own. Louise some how grows paler her breaths short and raspy. She looks over at me and pulls a smile to indicate she was okay. Her eyes then fall to my arm and the long plump scar. "That's one hell of a scar." She intently stares at it. One of my msny battle scars. Attacked by a wolf one on each arm at roughly the same time.
"What is it." Louise asks pinning herself to me ignoring the half eaten beasts scattered all over the floor.
"Both arms was attacked by a wolf, just seemed like a weird coincidence." She smiles looking at both my arms. "Which one hurt more?" Now I see, she's trying to distract herself. "The first one."
"What were you doing in the forest?" She questions sounding genuinely interested. Well my slightly insane farther tried to make me get over my fears of blood thirsty animals, so forced me into a forest alone for half the night. "Hunting."

We reached the edge of the forest the town in view. It wasn't busy but I still didn't want to take the front entrance. I pull my hat tighter on my head. "Put your hoodie on." I instruct walking along the border of the forest. Louise did what I said keeping close behind me.
"Okay, the ally is up ahead." I whisper the towns large shadow darkening the forest. "I need you to walk relaxed with your head down, don't speak and don't look up."
"Okay." She swallows shoving her hands in her pockets.
"Remember I'm right by you, even if someone looks at you, never look up and never hesitate." I quickly touch her shoulder before walking into plain sight.

She walks behind me her steps soft. We enter the ally rats scarring at our step. Please let no one be here. We keep walking the sun casting dark shadows at every corner. I could sense people staring at us through their windows but I dare not look up at them. Louise was doing well. She kept looking down and kept her shoulders relaxed. Alright just around the corner. I turn the corner my heart instantly quickening. At the end of our turn off was a male probably in his twenties. One of the Iron Fists. I keep walking looking down. I didn't even have any good clothes on. A tight singlet that shows my breasts and curves. He looks our way a beer bottle in his hand. I relax my shoulders holding my cross bow in a way so he could see it. Don't bother us. He keeps looking at us his stare heavy. Don't show fear. I walk past him looking up only to give him a menacing glare. I turn the corner my home in view.