1- Rules Breached

The room is cold, my thumping heart the only sound I could hear. I take a hesitant step towards the wall searching for the light. I could barely see. I reach for the wall the surface wet. I frantically feel for a switch the liquid covering my hands sticky and hot. I find it flicking the switch. Nothing happens. I flick the switch again praying a light would appear. I pause swallowing hard. My chest was tight and my head foggy. I felt clumsy and disorientated. Suddenly a hand grabbed my shoulder it's presence right behind me. I jump holding back a scream, I turn around no one there. I turn back around looking for the wall. I felt nothing but an empty space. I hold my hands close to my chest the dark consuming me. It was overpowering me. I couldn't think or breath. I couldn't do anything. Out from the corner of my eyes I see a candle. It light luring me in. I take slow weak steps towards it.
"Please." Dad? I whip my head around sure I heard him behind me. "Get out of here!" I turn back around his voice right by my ear. "Dad?" I whisper desperately trying to find him. I keep spinning, my head becoming swollen.
"You can do it." He whispers. I stop spinning my body becoming numb. "You're strong." I feel a hand touch my lower back. I take in a sharp breath. "Dad." I slowly turn my dad standing there. His expression neutral. The candle goes out making my body stiffen. It grows quiet. Suddenly the flames of a once small flame rises up surrounding me. Dad reveals himself from the flames, his body covered in blood. He just stares at me his eyes sunken and dead. "Do it!" He screeches launching his bloody body at me.

I wake up with a start. The images from my nightmare burning fresh in my mind. I take in sharp uneven breaths. Just a dream. I wipe the sweat from my forehead. I rest my head in my hands my chest heaving. It felt so real. I throw my legs over the bed the springs squeaking under my weight. I push my hair back out my face. I stand to my feet heading to the bathroom. The sun was hours away from showing itself. I switch on the torch taking extra care not to shine it through the windows. I looked horrible. My eyes were accompanied by dark circles and skin a perfect representation of the whitest cloud. I barely recognised myself anymore. My once long brown wavy locks was now a short just over the ears cut. The dirt on my face and animal blood under my nails really did make me look like a male. Well the males that roam the streets now but I'm pretty sure it's not animal blood under their nails. I tried my best to hide my curves and my B cupped breasts with baggy clothes but in  jeans and a singlet, I was definitely a female. I splash water on my face pushing out my fathers taunting words to the back of my mind. He died almost six months ago and yet I still dream about him every night. I switch off the torch and make my way to the bedroom placing the candle light on the bed side table. I hate candles but their 'cheaper' than torches. I fall down to my knees and get into a push-up position. 1,2,3,4... I push down breathing heavily as my muscles worked. "You're strong." Dad's voice repeats over and over making me carry on past the pain. I wasn't strong enough. Strong enough to save you.

The suns rays entered my window hitting my sweat drenched face. I sit leaned against the bed my elbows on my knees. I was running low on food. Ha. I was running low on everything. I stood up heading to the small kichen. I pull a nut bar out from the cupboard. Only two remaining. I had to go and hunt, again. Many people were starving trying to grow crops on the barren earth. Nobody but the brave went hunting. Those lethal creatures just waiting to rip you to shreds. Waiting oh so patiently to attack. They dare not come out from the forest, only when desperate. Many just stayed clear of the wilderness but I needed the food. I slip on a baggy red buttoned shirt with a baggy dirt stained singlet. I pull on my biker boots and then pull on my black cap. I shove a nut bar in my backpack with some other useful items. I place the heavy survival pack on my back preparing myself for the world outside. I slip my knife in the perfectly fitted holster on my boot. Buckled up my sword to my hips and placed my pistol in the back of my jeans. I swing my crossbow onto my pack clipping it in place. I walk towards the bathroom window quickly checking my appearance as I leave. The baggy top hid my curves and bumps and the cap my feminine features. Perfect. I scale down the pipe from the window with ease. I quickly checked no one saw me. I walk down the ally and into the street. A town/ market place. Just north from here was the forest. I enter the some what crowded streets. The stench of sweat and dirt flew up my nostrils burning my eyes.