Chapter 14: Sugar Mountain

[18:56 New York City, Residence of F

[18:56 New York City, Residence of F. Valentine II.]

"What!? A bunch of stones that look like claws formed around a tree on the campus!?" Theresa yelled.

"Wait for a second, I want the others to hear it too," She added and put the speaker on loud so the rest inside the room could hear the Valkyrie-teacher.

"Okay Himeko, now please tell us again what happened at St. Freya," The short principal said.

"Okay, so everything was alright when suddenly the ground began to shake, and around a tree in the courtyard emerged some weird stones," Himeko said on phone.

Hearing this Valentine already has a slight guess about the incident at the Valkyrie school so he decided to ask the woman on the other end of the world personally. He took the phone and placed it closer to him.

"Here's the President, answer me this question: Does the stone formation around the tree look like a palm?" 

"Theresa if this is really the President, I must say he has a hot voice~," The desperate Himeko said in a flirting voice.

"Sorry HImeko, he is already married," Theresa said, mercilessly crushing Himeko's dreams in an instant.

After that, there were only quiet cursing noises that nobody could clearly understand.

"Himeko! The stones! Do they look like a claw or palm!?!?" Theresa yelled.

"Yes, your stupid stones look like a palm..." Himeko said a bit annoyed.

"Very well, thank you for your cooperation, miss Valkyrie," Valentine said before cutting the call.

Valentine then handed the phone back to Theresa before standing up catching the attention of every individual in the room.

"Miss Theresa, tomorrow we will visit your school," Valentine said shocking not only the small principal but also the rest of the St. Freya Valkyries.

"What!? B-But why!?" Theresa asked still shocked but this wasn't the only thing that will shock her.

"The stone formation that appeared on your school grounds, I believe it is a Devil's Palm."

"Devil's Palm?" Theresa asked confused while the rest was also confused about the new word.

"To explain it in a few words, a Devil's Palm is a geographic phenomenon that has a connection to the Saint's Corpse. Whoever comes in contact with a Devil's Palm has the chance of acquiring a Stand power. There is also the possibility to find a Corpse Part there. My father for example has found the heart on a battlefield during his time as a soldier in the army, this battlefield was a Devil's Palm."

"So you think, St. Freya could be the place where the next part of the Saint's Corpse could be?" Otto asked calmly.

"Yes, this is what I'm thinking. So I hope you have nothing against it, madam principal," Valentine asked the tiny girl though it sounded more like an order.