| 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐑𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐮𝐭 ➪ 𝐃𝐢𝐧 𝐃𝐣𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧 |

Start from the beginning

"Let the girl go!" Verin announced, looking towards me, "And let him go as well. We will comply Mando, don't try anything though."

He nodded and slowly inched forward towards Grogu. He had his hands extended in both a surrender gesture, as well as a way to grab the child easily. The Mon Cala surrounding me lowered their weapons, alongside the ones around Din.

Right as Din approached Verin, the Quarren growled and released a dark black ink; covering my lover's helmet and obscuring his sight, "I thought your creed was smarter than this!" the Quarren shrieked with laughter, throwing Grogu abruptly into the dark waters below, "The Black Tide will not sway to negotiations, and you will all die!"

I shouted in surprise, and quickly pushed through the two Mon Cala who originally held me, and shoved past Verin; plunging into the dark waters below after the child. I was thankful I had my Beskar helmet on, otherwise the whipping of the waves would've incapacitated me completely on impact. Thankfully, I have more time, unlike Grogu. I need to move fast if he is to survive!

                       The water was so inky and dark. I could barely see a foot in front of me, but I knew where I was going despite my vision being obscured. My helmet alienated to my one active sense; hearing. I could hear Grogu struggling underneath the rough tides. I will trust this— this is the only clue I have to where the Child is.

                       I swam faster than I ever had in my life. Blindly, I reached my arms out and wrapped them around a small mass; more than likely my target. He was squirming and wiggling around; likely terrified of his watery grave than scared of me. Kicking, I swiftly made my way to the surface; the small creature coughing and spitting up the ugly water,

                       "You're dead!" I shouted; my voice echoing through the abandoned waters, "I understand targeting us, but this kid? You make me sick!"

I smashed the button on my jet pack and immediately took flight. Grogu was back to his normal self; squealing with glee over our short flight. With Grogu in one hand, and my blaster in the other, it was a full-out gunfight now, despite how it was originally a fistfight,

"Boss, we need to go!" one of the Quarren shouted over the sounds of Din and I frying their friends, "We won't survive this!"

                     Din glanced over at me and I nodded. We were both having the same thought; kill them all except for Verin. By keeping him alive, despite how much I wanted to put a bullet through his slimy face, we would be able to discover why him and his clan were after us. Our bounties have been swept away from every surface of the galaxy, so it was unlikely we were a target for bounty hunters.

My Mandalorian accompaniment quickly blasted a bolt right through the Quarren's chest, and we both took out the rest of Verin's men out with ease. Verin's inky-black eyes were wide open in shock, and unfortunately for him, his reflexes were failing him. He knew it was over. He couldn't win, and he'd pay the price.

                        After the final Mon Cala slipped loudly into the water below, both Din and I focused on the Quarren. Although Verin couldn't see our faces because of our Beskar masks, he knew we were pissed, and rightfully so,

                      "Mandos!" he said, in a light tone, "Why don't we just forget about this little shenanigan? Remember the Mandalorian code you referred to earlier? You won't touch a scale on my head, and me with you!"

                         Din snatched the Quarren by the side and slammed him to the ground, "We gave you that option before, and you ruined it. Now, tell us who hired you, and I won't drown you. Either way, we will figure it out regardless if you help us or not."