Beta Kade's POV

We've been getting calls from neighbor packs of missing pups, most of the victims were of alpha blood and to have the alpha mind link me of two rogue pups in our territory left me suspicious. I make my way into the clinic and find the Luna, gammas', Patricia and Harvey in the waiting room along with one of the pups, shortly after the alpha walks in and we start the discussion. Once the waiting has ended the doctor leads us into the room, I've been watching Alexin since I entered the clinic but taking in the sight of his sister I couldn't digest the situation she's in, the visible skin was white as snow, literally, while little patches had tints of blue, Alexin laid beside her sobbing lightly as he fell asleep and leaving Trisha and her mate, we made our way to the alphas office to discuss further on the matter. 

Reese left me in charge of watching the both of them. It's been a few days and with every passing day Alexin leaves the clinic even happier than he last was, he hasn't been acting weird but he gets treated differently from still being a rogue, sometimes the other pups mess around with him and so he stays close to Patricia and she treats him as any mother would their child. Gamma Ron's daughter, Anna, seems to have taken a liking to him, she's the only friend he has and has been helping him adjust and protects him from the bullies unfortunately the alphas son happens to be one of them but that's none of my business. I know the child is an alpha pup but the more I learn of him the more suspicious I get, with all the injuries he gets he should be healing faster than a normal wolf, his bruise heals but never completely and with every visit to his sister he leaves exceedingly rejuvenated, I have my suspicions about them and I just give the alpha relevant information. 

I have a secret that only my close circle of friends know, I'm actually a half-blood, half-warlock. Half-bloods are discriminated and eventually killed within packs, the supernatural world believes that inter-breeding leaves a species less pure which makes us an abomination but thankfully I've met people who believe that we have just as much right to live as anyone. I can tell that Alexin is definitely a wolf but his sister seems off even in her state something about her is starting to have an effect on my wolf and I don't like it. It's a week, Alexin is currently playing in the living room with Anna while the gammas, alpha, Luna and myself decided to take a lunch break together in the kitchen. 

The alpha has been silent for a while and it's starting to bother me, gamma Ron, " So what did the doctor say about Tori's recovery?" alpha Reese, " It's only been a week but the doctor said she should be waking up anytime soon, he was extremely shocked about it and had his own suspicions but ... after her results came back, well Alexin also got a blood test done and their results came in just this morning." He's obviously conflicted I had to ask, " What's bothering you alpha?" The room is silent waiting for his response, " They're both pure blooded alphas." The room stayed silent and I understood it's not that it's uncommon for alpha pairs to be mated, this only means that if they were sent as spies then they'd be most valuable to the group. Alpha Reese, " But that's not what's bothering me, it's ..." Just then little Anna bursts into the kitchen and runs to her mother, " Mommy! Daddy! Al ran out of the house!" Everyone was on high alert, gamma Rean, " Why baby?" Anna, " He said his sister's gonna wake up soon, so he's going to her." Anna stayed with an omega while the rest of us rushed to the clinic. When we got there Alexin was lying in bed with her and Harvey and Trisha stood by the window while the alpha spoke with the doctor outside. I decided to ask them what happened, Trisha, " He and Anna were playing then he just got up and ran saying Tori's waking up." We waited a while more and Alexin started talking to her, " Towi I had fun today. I played with Anna, she's still the only fwiend I have, she's nice and kind like Patti, Hawi, Alpha, Luna, hew mommy and daddy too. I miss you and Gina and Cay, please wake up." I couldn't wait any longer I was about to leave when her body started shaking then she jolted up calling his name. 

We were all left in shock, there she stood on the bed, eyes red, canines and claws it was unbelievable. Her gaze landed on Trisha and Harvey and growled at them looking for her brother that broke me out of my trance, her wolf came out and she was beyond pissed. I growled at her but it had no effect, it seem as though she was about to attack but fell on her knees and all this time Alexin had been hugging her waist and calling to her but it fell on deaf ears but when she fell his arms immediately went around her shoulders then yelled at her, this however caught her attention. The door opened and closed and we all knew the alpha had entered with the doctor. Having her brother with her greatly calmed her down, you could easily feel the tension in the room but everything settled down as soon as her wolf retreated. Interaction with her was like nothing you'd ever expect from a pup, she was on edge, blunt and rude, especially to the alpha, I'm surprised he hasn't snapped yet. After all that, I couldn't stand it, the change in my wolfs behaviour and to top it all off the way she looked at me just drove me away.

Alpha Reese's POV

Kade was the first to leave I could practically feel the change in him, there's something about this girl, I'd have to talk to him later. Her reaction to everything was understandable mine however wasn't normally if someone did what she did to me my wolf would've threatened, growled or killed but in her presence he kept controlled. We decided to leave her to rest it seems a command from her brother was all it took, I wasn't able to tell the others what I found out this morning, I'd just have to do it later. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone, i'm sure by now you've realised that i won't be updating regularly but i want to thank everyone who's given this book a shot. This really means a lot to me considering it's my first one. Whenever i do update i'l be putting two to three chapters for you to enjoy.

Please give it a star, vote, share and comment on what you think but please no haters, i'd really appreciate your support.

Thanks