Chapter 5

Alpha Laden's POV

I was in my office doing some paperwork when Patricia mind linked me of what happened in the forest and that they had found two rogue pups in the forest and one of them needed medical assistance, so I informed them to bring the pups to the pack clinic and that I'll be there waiting, she sounded worried so it had to be serious. I got to the clinic after ending the mind link and ten minutes later Harvey's truck comes skidding to a stop, killing the engine he quickly gets out and goes to the back carrying out an extremely pale little girl running towards the entrance where the doctor stands beside and rush in to a vacant room attending to her. I almost didn't notice Patricia carrying a little boy crying into her shoulder rushes in after her mate. 

I entered the waiting room where my mate, beta, gamma and his mate are along with Patricia, Harvey and the little pup gently sobbing in her arms. They all bow their heads in respect to me then my beta asks, " Alpha, what's happening?" I look towards Harvey and Patricia before answering, " That's what were here to find out, Harvey, Patricia, tell us what happened." I could see the pup holding onto her tightly sobbing, " Towi, ...don't leave... me..." He spoke in a light whisper but with our heightened hearing we all heard it. They explained the entire situation even introduced Alexin before he fell asleep and also that they're both alpha pups. Half an hour later the doctor came back with Tori's results, " Alpha, she has a few frostbites but her body has started healing, in any case had she been out an hour longer would've left her in a coma or perhaps dead, right now she's unconscious I gave her a few shots and since she's of alpha blood her natural healing capabilities has kicked in but her body is weak and so it may take a while before she's able to wake. There's something about the rate that she's healing right now so I've sent in her blood for further testing and the results should be back in a couple of days." I thanked him as we all entered her room, Alexin had woken up and Patricia placed him beside her, immediately he held onto her not sure what's happening and my mate assured him, " Hey Alexin, don't worry the doctor said she'll be alright, she just needs to rest and she'll heal fast in no time." She gives him a small smile, he doesn't look at anyone just at his sister and says, "Towi always keeps hew pwomises, I pwomise to stay stwong fow you." He puts his head on her shoulder and quietly falls asleep. 

I instruct my mate, beta and gammas to leave the room so we can discuss the matter of their situation in my office and promise to keep Trisha and Harvey informed both insistent to stay. In the office we're busy discussing the matter, I inform them that another pack called today that three more alpha blood pups have gone missing, Kade shares his views, " Your thinking Alexin and his sister were victims of these pup traffickers?" I couldn't help it the thought of those pups, of more pups forced to do such despicable crimes, growling I slam my fist on the desk, "I can't understand why someone would want to do something like these to pups! Those filthy monsters!" My mate comes over to calm me down, " We're not going to stop until everyone pay for their crimes. We'll do what we can to help those pups, to help these pups." Gamma Ron speaks up, "Alpha I've done what you instructed, patrols around the pack have been doubled but I'm curious as to how these pups were able to get through." Beta Kade suggests, " Do you think these pups were sent to infiltrate our pack?" Gamma Rean, " Have you not seen the condition of those pups, why would you think such a thing?" Beta Kade, " We can't let our emotions cloud our judgment, this is for the safety of the alpha blood pups as well as any other pup. I'm not taking any chances." Alpha Reese, " He's right, I was forced into these business at twelve and there were others as young as Alexin, as much as I hate it we'll have to keep our eyes on them." Luna Aniela, " Whether it's true or not, those pups were forcefully made victims, we'll still take care of them as we would any other pup." Alpha Reese, " At least we've got a plan, Kade you're in charge of watching the pups until we get the truth. I'll talk to Trisha and Harvey, we still need to get whatever we can from Alexin." The meeting concludes and everyone leaves to get their well-needed rest.