46.

Dominick's pov

"ARIANNA!" I yelled. Gunshots sounded throughout the whole store. A bunch of men in black came in shooting up the place. I couldn't see anyone around who was shot till I saw Arianna collapse. I quickly went down on my knees to catch her. 

"Princess, everything will be okay. I'm calling an ambulance right now. Please, keep your eyes open." I said in a panic.

"911, what's your emergency?" the lady asked. I was in such a panic that I was having trouble getting words out. I just can't believe all of this. What is happening? "Is everything alright?" she asked.

"Um, no. My g-girlfriend. She was shot at the grocery story on New York Street." I said.

"An ambulance will be there shortly. Can you tell me if she's breathing?" she asked. I kept her pulse and it was weak, but it was still there.

"Yes! She's breathing, but her pulse is weak." I said. I couldn't keep talking on the phone and placed it on the ground. I took off my shirt and belt. I put the shirt on her wound and used the belt to apply pressure. I tried my best to slow down the bleeding. "Dominick. I think I'm going to take a nap." Arianna said.

"No, princess just hold on for a bit longer. Please for me." I said. Her eyes drooped lower and lower till they closed. "Sorry, I'm sleepy." she said. Her eyes fully closed and she wasn't talking anymore.

"Arianna, wake up. Please." I begged. The ambulance finally got her and I picked her up. I ran over to place her on the bed. I got in the back of the ambulance as they made their way to the hospital. I called everyone to let them know of the bad news and to get to the hospital. I can't believe this is happening. This is all my fault. Once we arrived, I tried to follow Arianna but the other doctors held me back. 

"Sir, I'm sorry. You cannot follow them. She's going into surgery." the doctor said. I ignore all that he was saying and tried to get through the door. "Sir, you cannot go in there." he said.

"That's my girlfriend on that bed. I need to go with her." I said. My mom came into the hospital and guided me to a chair to sit. "You have to let these people do their job if you want Arianna to be okay." I hugged her around her waist and cried. I can't believe this happened. My girlfriend is on her death bed and it's all my fault. I've never cried like this. 

"Dominick, this is not your fault, sweetie. There's nothing that you could've done to stop this." she said, running her finger through my hair. I can't believe this. I can't believe this. I feel like I"m going crazy. I didn't think I would ever have to go through this. 

"I can't lose her, Mom." I sniffed.

Leo's pov

Everyone finally arrived at the hospital. This is all terrible. I know this is tearing Dominick apart. His mom is extra worried about him since broke down crying earlier. Which also makes me worried because he never cries. It's weird, but Dominick has never cried in almost 10 years. Not since his brother. He believed that nothing was a big enough pain than that.

He's gone into a hospital room and won't let any of the doctors in. "It's all my fault." he mumbled. He's been saying this same sentence for the past 15 minutes. 

"There's nothing you could've done to stop this, Dom." I said. He looked up at me like I said something incredibly stupid. He shook his head and looked down at his hands. He's been holding Arianna's stuffed animal ever since he went back to his car.  "I should've paid more attention." he said. I sat beside him and placed my hand on his back. "You aren't the flash, Dom. You can't catch bullets." He shrugged my hand off his shoulder and stood off the bed. 

"What if she doesn't make it, Leo? She told me she was going to sleep and now she's in a hospital bed. Maybe I need just believe that she's sleeping." he said. No that isn't going to help. He can't do that. He'll never be able to deal with it if she dies. He'll be in denial for the rest of his life. "You can't be in denial, Dom. It's not going to help you." I said.