» 36

The clock was almost seven when the two boys arrived at the small restaurant.

Zayn hasn't stopped grinning ear to ear since they have left the house. He was so freaking excited for the date, that his face was hurting from smiling so much.

The restaurant was small and cozy, Zayn liked it.

"Men first" Liam said, opening the door for him, causing Zayn to laugh.

"Why thank you" Zayn replied, rolling his eyes playfully, chuckling and stepped inside.

They got to their table and ordered food along with drinks.

Zayn looked around and instantly fell in love with the place.

"This place is amazing, Li" he said, smiling at him.

~*~

After dinner, Liam and Zayn wondered down the street, hand in hand. The two were smiling and laughing.

The time was half past eight and they were on their way to the beach, just like Liam had planned.

"Tonight, has been absolutely amazing." Zayn beamed, smiling.

"It's not over yet" Liam smiled and pulled him into him. He placed his arm over Zayn's shoulder and Zayn put his arm around Liam's waist.

He squeezed his shoulder a little and kissed the top of his head.

"You're amazing."

Zayn blushed, glancing down. "Shh"

When they had finally arrived to the beach, Zayn let go Liam and ran over to the water.

He always loved the beach for some reason, it made him feel free and it was always quiet and comforting.

Liam ran after him and the both of them took of their shoes.

Liam grabbed Zayn's hand, Zayn holding his hand tightly and stepped into the water, feeling the cold water against their bare feet.

"You know, I've always loved the ocean." Liam said softly.

Zayn turned his head and looked up at Liam, smiling adoribly at him.

"Me too" He whispered.

Liam closed his eyes for a moment, a warm breeze hitting both of them and he took a deep breath.

This was it, he was going to finally tell him how he feels. It was the perfect moment, at least that's what he thought.

"Zay-"

"Lia-"

They both laughed awkwardly and looked at each other.

"You first." Liam said softly, his eyes studying Zayn's face.

"I was gonna say that we should maybe go back to your place soon? I'm getting a little cold." He chuckled lightly.

"Erm, oh. I- yeah, sure.." Liam mumbled enough for him to hear.

Zayn nodded and smiled as he stepped out of the water and onto the soft sand.

He put his socks and shoes on. "What were you going to say?"

"Oh- uhh, nothing important.."

~*~

Shit, Liam !!! Why didn't you tell him ! you pussy, kidding I love you lee

Did you expect that? Because I didn't