𝟷. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚗𝚍'𝚜 𝙱𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐

Start from the beginning

Tubbo started to retreat before stopping, spinning back to me as if he forgot something important. "Hey y/n?"

I stuffed my gloved hands into my cloak. Smiled slightly, "Yes?" I could tell he was anxious from here, through I can't sense emotions only movements. But his energy was almost palpable.

"I know we haven't been speaking lately."
ever.
"And Wil, Tommy, and I have been a little distant."
miles away.
"But Wil also wanted me to tell you that he could really use your advocacy in this endeavor. He needs Arachne."

I wanted to laugh. Arachne. A name I coined myself when I was no more than a silly girl who liked to play with knives. When Wil found me he gave me daggers, he gave me swords. Though I couldn't be more thankful for a few of my favorite blades, he couldn't care less for my well being. He wanted me for his arsenal.

Though he hadn't sought me out until now. Personally I haven't spoken with him since the end of the war. But I had a sneaking suspicion he thought this vote might go sour for him, why else call on nature's poison?

The name known as Arachne was well known in this realm, though little had been seen of them. Dream has never made a comment on the so called swordsman. But recently I heard a funny little rumor Sapnap said he would do a 1v1. It seems Dream shut that down quickly because I've heard nothing from the local gossip.

I contained my anger, shoving it down into that little compartment in my sub conscious. "Of course." I said, jaw tightening. "Anything else he would like to share?"

"Nope!" Tubbo replied with a ignorant smile, a smile that displayed a little understanding for the world we lived in. A world of blood and power.

Power. What overrated bullshit.

I nodded, and he stalked off to the podium, not allowed to go up with his comrades because he wasn't given a position yet.

Once I couldn't hear the rustling of the grasses anymore I tugged up my hood, following in Tubbo's footsteps, being sure not to crush the life along the way. Ants crawled up logs, beetles hid in the soil. The only animal to not scare was a couple of small household spiders scurrying across the path as if they were on a tight schedule.

I shook my head, I had a election to witness. A fair one at that. Whomever won this would be the rightful ruler. None of that dictatorship shit Wil went about doing. This is fair, just.

I finally made my way up through the rows of chairs in place above the platform. No one acknowledged I was even there. Just a ghost of the past floating through to say their hellos.

No chairs were open. None. Nine.

Was that german?

I was just about to stab a oblivious Punz in irritation only when I felt eyes on me. I stilled, looked up to the dais. Schlatt was staring down at me. A glint in his snake like eyes I couldn't place.

Schlatt had announced himself running in front of everyone, making a scene, breaking into the White House. How bad could he want this? No one would vote for him anyway right?

My bones chilled when he stuck out two fingers, bended them in two places, come here. It seemed to say. He tilted his head when I looked around, no seats. I had more dignity than to sit on the ground. But him? It's not like he could try anything. He was in a suit, no weapons as I could see. Only those grey curling horns from the side of his head.