8

I knocked on her door with a little bass so she'll hear me

I knocked on her door with a little bass so she'll hear me. Without an answer, I opened the door.

"Melly..?"

"Yes," she croaked out. By her voice alone I can she had been crying. I really couldn't deal with tears from anyone I never really had to.

"Babygirl let's talk." I sat on the edge of the bed.

"Dad I really don't-"

"Little girl sit up," I said sternly. She sighed sitting up. "Now talk to me. Do you really hate your mom?"

"I don't know," she whispered. "It's like growing up I watched her struggling to simply go to bed at night without crying. I watched her called the jail and get sad when she just straight handed the phone to me. But she woke us up, took us to school, fed us, went to work, bathe us, and when I was 13 she got Lani and Nasir. Like fucking-"

"Watch your mouth."

"Sorry...Like this Wonder Woman, did all this but was sad and dying inside, but tell me how guys needed to treat me how to act accordingly, but she was still stuck on you at the time when we thought you were getting out. She never dated she just worked and took care of us. I think I didn't like her because I thought of her as a hypocrite. And this one time this boy tried to talk to me I was 16 and she met him once and immediately hated him. I so mad I swore she hated me and this when she and Lani started getting close, so I thought she didn't want me around anymore because Lani liked the things mom was interested in, she listened and behaved better than me. But in a weird way, I knew she was right about ole dude all I did with him was sit passenger side while selling and kissed every now and again and a week later I found out he had a baby on the way"

"I don't those details, but I know I put your mom through a lot some of it I don't think she will ever recover from. She tolerated a lot from me. Most of the worst things I did when you and Harlem were young and can't remember. I owe a lot to her- I owe her the world. Quite frankly, I don't deserve her and I'm sure she did the best parenting she could under my influence. In a way, she is my Wonder Woman and I think highly of her," I smiled slightly. "Cut her some slack she has had a lot on her plate, and I know you probably don't want to hear me coming to her defense but I feel I need to. I know you have many holes that I've caused that I'm willing to fix 100%. Every little girl needs their dad and I'm sorry my actions took that from you, but think about everything your mom has sacrificed for this family. When she accepted my proposal her family distanced themselves. She had you and Harlem on her own with the FBI crawling down her back. Then Lani and Nasir being only one year old and besides Ryan, I doubt she got out much. I'm positive she loves you, you just push her buttons. She thinks highly of you and it saddens her that you not living up to your name.'