[Chapter 8]

'She's mine.'

✧✧✧

Before you could figure out what was wrong with the ride, you felt warm breaths on your neck. You turned around, only to be met with the blonde-haired male's eyes. His face, so close to yours, you felt weak.

He bent forward, his change of posture making his height just inches above yours. Gently, putting his hand on the side of your face, he gazed into your stunning E/C eyes.

"You look so beautiful tonight..." he murmured affectionately, an endearing look in his eyes. You felt your cheeks slightly heat up, and you were surprised. Actually, very surprised. But after a moment, you smiled. 

Unexpectedly, he began leaning in closer. Until you were just up against the edge. He had his arms around your waist, looking down at you. But before he could go any further, a phone call resonated from his back pocket, and as if on cue, the Ferris wheel started up again. 

He stepped away, quietly pulling up his sleeves, and answering the call. You just looked away and crossed your arms, as the two of you descended. What the hell were you thinking?

The two of you stepped down from a ride, after about 2 or 3 revolutions, and began walking out of the theme park, and back towards the entertainment district nearby. He walked silently beside you, as you did the same. 

But soon after arriving at a restaurant, which was high-end, upon seeing most of the zodiacs there, you couldn't help but smile, immediately forgetting about that short, intimate moment between you and Pariston. 

Geru greeted you first. She wore her usual, elegant and long, body-fitting black dress. Her smooth, long hair was left open and gracefully fell beside her shoulders and down her back. Her eyes met yours, and she quickly pulled you into a hug. 

"Y/N!" She exclaimed, stepping back. You had no clue that this whole dinner was for you. "We haven't seen you all morning. Were you here all along?"

"She was with me," Pariston replied for you, "we were here the whole day."

He walked up to her, and the two began walking away on their own and chatting about things you didn't understand. Botobai joined into their conversation, as did Cheadle. 

You, meanwhile, sat down in a booth. Looking at the other zodiacs who had already arrived, everyone was dressed pretty formally. Although Geru hadn't changed her style much, she still looked absolutely gorgeous in her evening gown. 

Some of the others were wearing suits, waistcoats, and the women, in elegant dresses. Cheadle had her usual dress too, but the colors were inverted. Feeling out of place, you sighed and turned your attention of the rest of the restaurant. 

Certain, small segments of the floor, shaped like paisley, were made of glass. Real glass. And under it, was brilliant blue water, with gold and scarlet koi fish swimming through. Vases of flowers adorned marble pedestals around the edges of the restaurant, and the entire place was empty, except for the zodiacs, and others from the Hunter Association you knew. 

Catching Saccho, the horse zodiac (now dressed in formal, dark purple attire) standing by a wine bar alone, you walked up to him. 

"Why's the restaurant empty?" You asked, looking around once more. He set down a glass of white wine and turned to you. 

"This place belonged to the Chairman," he told you. "But once a month, it's reserved for us and any potential business meetings we might have."

You mouthed a "wow" in response and nodded your head. Meanwhile, other guests poured in. One of them, you immediately recognized as one of your fellow soldiers, who you hadn't seen in months.