"oi, focus on me!"

Y/N barely blocks the dull blade coming to strike her across the face. The girl clicks the roof of her tongue.

With their position and how they were holding their weapons, she could see his face up close. He has red eyes, black hair, and a beauty mark under his left eye.

Seikatsu then backs away, placing his katana back into it's scabbard with a deep sigh.

Y/N tilts her head to the side out of confusion.

"What's.. Wrong..?" the girl ask, hoping that he'd tell her he doesn't want to fight her. It may be dumb to assume that, but she's getting tired!

A minute of silence passes by until Seikatsu answers.

"You're so dumb.."

'Eh..?!'

Y/N lets out a gasp as she suddenly feels her arms forcibly get pulled back as if she was being apprehended, making her drop the hammer she held.

In front of where Seikatsu was supposed to be at is a tree with a huge mouth. Y/N internally curses herself for almost forgetting about their location.

A mistake she made was getting close to one of the trees..

She feels something wrapped around her wrist, bounding them together. She winces as she was harshly pushed to the ground.

"Argh!" she groans, feeling the dull katana poking her shoulder, enough to draw blood.

"Never let your gaurd down." Seikatsu mutters, stretching his exposed arm. He uses his bandages to tie Y/N's wrist together.

How did he have the opportunity to unwrap them? It was when he entered his warp. He knows it won't be much help in restraining her, but it'll do. He'll keep her busy.

"Okay! Okay!" a crease was on Y/N's brows, "What do you want? I.. I'm speaking now!"

She feels a familair stinging in her eyes. What if she gets killed right now? She hasn't even said her goodbye's to her friends.

Fushiguro..

"Yep.. Yeah.. That's what i want. To talk." Seikatsu hums.

"Okay.." Y/N tries to calm herself down, "Then talk.." she says shakily, trying to keep her tears from flowing.

Seikatsu stares at the back of her head, mixed feelings evident in his face.

"You.. Wanna know more about where you came from..?" he hesitantly ask.

After a few minutes of not answering, Seikatsu sighs, assuming this was Y/N's way of saying she wanted him to continue.

"We can start from where i can remember.."

"We're.. From a clan called the Hoshino's. A few hundred years ago, our ancestors gave the family a fake surname. Which is, yes, L/N."

"H-Huh..?" Y/N mutters, confused.

"Sorcerers used to hire our ancestors to clear fields and even a whole forest from spirits. Of course, it's because of their technique. After one of them caused a scandal of some sort, which is eating a human who had a cursed spirit attached to them, our ancestors quickly changed the family name to avoid tainting the Hoshino surname they were given."

"Maybe it's because of pride or to protect future generations from the humiliation. Who knows.."

The two are silent. Seikatsu felt a heavy feeling in his heart.

"Other families used to mock and call them names― though the clan just focused on making sure the same incident won't happen again."

Seikatsu chuckles, "Then.. I was born. It was an accident, but Yosuke, our grandfather, decided to keep me because i was 'their perfect heir.'"