I laugh and he breaks into a grin too. 

"I know how to speak to women already," Tommy says, rolling his eyes as he gives me a hug. "But thanks anyways"

"You're welcome," I giggle, pulling away. 

Tommy's hand stays on my shoulder and I suddenly stop pulling away. A warm feeling floods my heart as Tommy's blue eyes hold my green ones. Time seems to have stopped altogether and for a moment, I think Tommy's going to kiss me. It's a weird thing to think, but it feels like an emotion inducing TV scene. 

"Uh...is Wilbur waiting for you? You should-"

Oh my god, Sophie. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER, GIRL!

"Oh, um, yeah," I chuckle awkwardly, standing up. "I should probably go now"

"I-I appreciate you stopping by," Tommy stutters, rubbing the back of his neck as I make my way to the front door. "Tell Will I said hi"

"Will do," I smile, giving a small wave before jogging off to Will's car. 

I open the door quickly and hop in. I do up my seatbelt and rest against the seat, shutting my eyes. 

"Everything okay?"

I open my eyes again and look at Will. His eyebrow is raised and as he pulls away from the curb, a small smile rests on his lips.

"Y-yeah," I reply. "Just...tired"

Will nods and doesn't question me further. 

***

When we get home, I still feel warm on the inside. I feel weird too, like my heart isn't beating properly anymore. Did I imagine that or did that actually happen between Tommy and I? Is he feeling the same way, or am I just crazy?

"Niki and Jack are coming over," Will reminds me, pouring himself some water. "I think they're also staying the night"

I nod and pour myself a glass of water too. It's almost four-thirty pm and I think Jack and Niki are coming at eight. 

***

7:30

***

I finish getting dressed and doing my makeup

I finish getting dressed and doing my makeup. Last minute, Will said we're going out this evening for food since we've got close to nothing here at home. 

After spritzing some perfume on myself, I walk downstairs and join Will in the living room. He's dressed from head to toe in black, a black trenchcoat over everything. He's wearing his glasses and has put his beanie away for tonight.

"Are you going to be warm enough?" Will asks, glancing at my coat on the table.

"I'll be fine"

"Take it just in case," Will says, chucking it at me. "It could rain"

I roll my eyes but take the coat. 

***

Wilbur and I end up meeting Niki and Jack at the small local pub for dinner. 

"Ayup!" Jack grins, watching as Will and I approach. 

"Hey," I smile, allowing Jack to scoop me up into one of his great hugs.

I also met Jack last year with Niki. Jack's been my agony aunt for ages too. Everytime something goes wrong, I can always text or call him. He always has time for me and I'm so grateful for his presence in my life. 

I hug Niki next and we join them at the table on the wooden terrace where the beach lies beneath us. Dinner is peaceful and joyful. The soft sounds of the waves crashing onto the sand is satisfying and the company is fun. The fish and chips everyone orders are delicious and we enjoy them as the sun goes down once and for all, coating Brighton in a dark cool coat. 

***

After dinner, Niki, Jack and I pile into Will's car to go home. Turns out Jack and Niki are staying for a few days. It'll be nice to have them over and have a change. I do love Wilbur, but sometimes living with just one person is boring. 

***

We get home ten minutes later.

Will tells Niki and Jack to make themselves at home. They both disappear upstairs to shower and get changed into pajamas for a movie. As they do that, Will prepares a small tray of snacks such as popcorn and nacho chips. 

I stop fiddling with my fingers and take a deep breath, parting from the doorframe. I take a seat at the kitchen counter on one of the stools and sigh. 

"What's wrong?" Will asks, turning around with a frown. 

"I-I wanted to tell you something"

Wilbur stops what he's doing and turns around to give me his full attention. He's a good listener, I'll give him that. 

"Go ahead," Will says, taking a chip from the bowl on the tray. 

"I think I'm ready to go back to school"

Wilbur looks at me in surprise. I know he was probably thinking I wouldn't wanna go back so quick. 

"Are you sure?" Wilbur asks, standing up properly. "You really don't have to go until you're ready. I don't want to push you into anything-"

"I'm sure," I reply. "I'll go when Tommy gets back from his trip in Thailand. I definitely don't want to be alone on my first day"

Wilbur nods and walks around the counter. He hugs me from behind and I roll my eyes, secretly enjoying his embrace. Will rests his chin on the top of my head and strokes my back. 

"I'm proud of you, Sophs"

Hearing Will say those words make my eyes prick with tears but I blink them back, keen not to be seen as soft. 

***