· The First Argument ·

Don't forget to vote, follow and comment if you like the story so far! Thank you all so much xx

Enjoy! xx

***

Sophie's POV

***

Brighton's starting to feel a lot more like home now that I actually know some people. I've insisted over and over again that my current room is fine, but Wilbur wants to make me my own room instead of staying in one of the guest rooms. It's sweet, but I really am fine where I am. Wilbur's been the best at making me feel at home overall. He's taken me out to the beach and the local cafe and the Royal Pavilion too.

Tonight, Niki is coming over for pizza, movies and drinks. It's Thursday and Wilbur hasn't had much work to do recently, so he thought a movie night would be ideal.

Since it's only Niki coming over, I keep my face free of any makeup and throw my freshly washed hair into a bun. Niki is the sweetest person to ever live, so I never feel insecure being around her without any makeup on or looking rubbish.

I get into my pyjamas and brush my teeth before going downstairs.

***

***

I walk downstairs and see Wilbur setting up the TV. I don't know what movie we're watching, neither do I care. Spending time with Wilbur and Niki is what matters most.

"Hey," I smile, joining Will on the sofa.

"Hey," Will smiles back, putting the TV remote on the coffee table.

"What time is Niki coming?"

"Should be around nine-thirty," Will replies, checking his watch. "In an hour"

I nod and let my fingers snag some popcorn from the bowl in front of me on the coffee table. Cookies and a bowl of sweets sit to the left, ready to be consumed later.

"Get your hand out of there," Will says, hitting me over the head with a sofa pillow. "Come help me set some plates and napkins out"

***

At nine-thirty, the coffee table is set and the doorbell rings, announcing Niki's arrival.

"I'll get it!" I shout, jumping off the sofa.

I jog over to the front door and pull it open. Niki stands there with a perfect smile and the cutest pink bunny pyjamas.

"Niki!" I smile, throwing my arms around her.

"Hey, Sophie!"

Niki giggles and hugs me back. Her perfume smells amazing and her hair smells like peaches. God, I love this woman.

I let Niki in and shut the door. Tonight, the temperature seems to be lower than normal. I do love snow, though, so I am definitely not complaining.