6- The ugly truth

Bakugou's POV:

I feel tears rush down my face like their fighting for first place. Choking on my words the tears only spill faster.

Todoroki embraces me in his arms, pulling me close into a hug. In an attempt to bring me more comfort, I notice he starts to caress my back in small circles with his thumbs.

As the tears still stream down my face I still feel obliged to say one thing. It's crawled into my skin and just won't let go. I have to know.

"Hey..can I call you Shoto?"

Worry compels me and I almost slam my hand over my mouth to resist more words from escaping my mouth. It's just ever since that day i feel more around him. I feel alive. Like I'm always longing for his touch and his company.

I feel so much closer to him than I did before and I want him to know he's special to me. I don't call anyone else by their first name, honestly your lucky if I call you by your last name.

"I would love that," he responds, excitement almost beaming through his tone.

"Katsukiiii," he slurs and I blush, almost carving to hear him say it just one more time. His voice melts my heart.

Only my parents and their friends call me that. It sounds so unexplainably pleasant how he says it.

"Gah, we better hurry to get ready for school!" I blurt out, changing the subject before I embarrass myself more.

We get changed in a flash as I drag on his spare formal uniform, mine being dirty from the day before.

To save time I just get changed in-front of him, it's not like he'll see anything he hasn't before. We have to do it in the UA changing rooms anyway.

But it feels different to before. As i slip off my pants as well as my belt, I force him to look away. I don't think I could take it if he looked at me like that any longer. Although our eyes lock as I take off the shirt I borrowed off him.

I watch as he scans up and down my body, feeling my face heat up.

Is it hot in here?

Walking out of the room I wait for him in the kitchen as he gets changed, only as his sister offered me breakfast.

"I don't want to be a bother," I reject.

I'm honestly not hungry, I don't care how long it's been since I've eaten a substantial meal.

But Fuyumi doesn't give in and I end up eating most of the pancakes she's made, not wanting to be rude.

Touching up my makeup in the bathroom before we leave, I cover up my scars and rush out the door.

My face stings from not taking any off yesterday but I was exhausted due to my lack of sleep at 'home'.

I hate calling it home, because it doesn't feel like home...

Me and Shoto walk to school together, leaning in closer then usual without making it obvious to the people around us.

"Katsuki, you need to tell Mr Aizawa about your...situation," he says sternly.

"I can't, she's threatened me and I'm not ready," I explain.

I have to hold on at least a bit longer. This is not the right time to be telling anyone else, especially with my dad working all the time.

"You know I'm here for you Katsuki," he mumbles, squeezing my hand then letting go so no one else notices.

"Thanks...I guess," I manage to say.

No ones ever wanted to be there for me before but deku, but I hate how it gives you a weakness. Villains can use the people you love against you to lure you into their trap. That's one of the reasons I keep some distance to people.

Plus my terrible trust issues but we don't talk about that...

____________________________
Giving me 'we don't talk about Bruno' vibes lmfao. Hope you enjoyed <3

I replaced Shoto's mum with Fuyumi because I realised she wouldn't be there cuz she's in the hospital sorry about that. 😭😭

Words Count: 694

.