CHAPTER 4: His name

Start from the beginning

I saw him walking away again so I called him again.

“When will I see you again?” I asked. He stopped walking but he remained his back on me.

“Just wait for another crime and I will come to see you.” He said before he continued walking again.

What did he say? Crime? I’m gonna wait for another crime again? What the hell?

Until now his face is still lingered on my mind. The way he looks at me with coldness. And the way he introduced himself it was all in my mind. 

Dark Hades. What a weird name. Is Hades is his surname?

I sighed heavily and closed my eyes to have some sleep. When I woke up the next day the loud noises outside my office wasn’t new to me anymore. That is always my wake up call. I did my shower and clean myself up. After all my routine I sat down on my swivel chair and turned on my laptop to start my work.

“Just wait for another crime and I will come to see you.”

I closed my eyes when I remember his voice again. Damn! What is happening to you Majesty? I sighed heavily and I stared at my phone and when I finally decided I took my phone and dialled Inspector Kyline’s number.

“Hello, Detective?” she answered.

“Is there a report of an accident or murder right now?” I asked. 

“What? Why?” she asked confused. Damn! How would I explain to her that I need a crime scene to meet some mysterious man? How weird is that?

“Just tell me, Inspector.” I said trying to calm myself down.

“There’s none-“

“There’s none?” I asked irritated. She stopped for a while and I heard her chuckles at the other line.

“It sounds as if you’re wishing someone to meet an accident or die, Detective.” she laughed. My shoulder went down and I suddenly feel so problematic right now. 

“Just tell me if there’s a report.” I said and hang up the call.

I heaved a deep sigh and cover my face with my both hands. How? He’s so weird that I cannot understand why do we need to meet when there’s a crime? Damn! I feel so frustrated!

I don’t have a choice but to erase him in my mind for the meanwhile. I investigated at Mr. Rosario’s case and analysed the tattoo that we saw on their pulse. But no matter how many times I think a lot I cannot find the meaning of their tattoo. I am so confused that my mind is going to burst out already. 

I opened the files that Inspector Kyline emailed at me. It was the suicidal note that Jean Fajardo had written before she dies. I also look at Jean Fajardo’s notebook when she was a college student and there’s no difference between them. Everyone would think that she really did write it. But there’s a lot of suspicious thing here. She did not die to an accident. Based on her medical records she was already dead before an accident happen. But why did the police didn’t look further in that part?

When they saw the suicidal note they are already convinced that it was suicide even though her medical records is telling otherwise.

If my hunch is right, there is someone manipulating this case. There is someone who wants to cover this case. And it probably…that person.

I stood up and take all my things. I have someone to meet right now. I drove my car towards the Fajardo’s Enterprises. I went to the front desk and ask for a meeting with their CEO.

“I’m sorry Ma’am but the CEO is currently on the meeting right now.” The front desk said. I nodded at what she said.

“Okay, I’ll just wait for him.” I said. The front desk didn’t say any word. I sat down in the waiting area and tried to wait for the CEO to finish. The CEO is also Jean’s father and it was so suspicious that even though his daughter got killed he didn’t even mourn. And he didn’t suspect the death of his daughter. I want to know the reason. 

But after a long while of waiting, the CEO didn’t come out so I have to ask the front desk again and like what they said earlier their CEO is having a meeting right now. Meeting with almost two hours? I cannot believe it!

I was about to leave but I stop when I saw someone who looks out of breathe my eyes furrowed and suddenly my heart beat went faster especially when I saw blood on his stomach. My eyes widened in terror.

“Call an ambulance! Faster!” I shouted at the front desk. They look shock at my shouting but I don’t care anymore I run faster towards the man but he suddenly went down. I went to him and tried to stop the bleeding on his stomach. People also got shock of what happened. They are also panicking and I heard them asking for what happened. 

But my focus was at the man who almost out of breathe!

“Damn! Where is the ambulance?” I asked irritated. They are so slow damn it!

“The ambulance is on the way ma’am!” the girl said to me. I gritted my teeth while looking at the man.

“Hold on please!” I said eagerly. And at last the ambulance came. Everyone give a way for the nurses who came to rescue the man. I sighed heavily when I saw the man covering with his own blood. I closed my eyes for a while to think deeply. Who did this to the man? From what I remember he is wearing an ID referring that he is an employee here in the company of the Fajardo’s. 

When I opened my eyes I was caught off guard when I saw a man standing in the entrance looking at me with his serious eyes.

“Dark Hades…” I whispered his name.