Chapter 12: 181045

{Chapter 12} Book 1: Training whilst playing Tag
鬼ごっこをしながらの訓練

Emma and Aviana were pretending to play with the ball when Emma purposefully kicked it far away

Emma and Aviana were pretending to play with the ball when Emma purposefully kicked it far away. She groaned before running after it. ''Emma!'' Aviana called out in fake annoyance before running after her. Norman and Ray then followed the two minutes later. Gilda, who noticed this, looked at the forest in worry.

After Emma told them where Aviana found the tracker, Ray said: ''Our ears, Eh? Yeah. No one would notice it. Although, now that I know, I can feel it.'' As he felt the skin behind his ear. ''I never knew about a mark from when they took our blood.'' Norman Commented. ''Me neither.'' Ray followed. ''So the mark disappears that quickly, huh?'' Norman asked.

''I did, Mom told me when I found the mark on one of the babies a few years back. It really does disappear fast and I never suspected it. I'm sorry...'' Aviana said, looking at the ground. Ray ruffled her hair as Norman said: ''No, you did well, Aviana. We now know the location, shape and size! We can now move on to the next step!''

'The next step after knowing where it is.'

''How to break it.'' They all said.

''What do we do? If we remove it to check it out, she'll know. Even if we do something to our ear and cover it with our hair, if she touches our hair like she did to me just now... My heart skipped a beat earlier. I wonder is she's always been checking to see if the tracking devices in our left ear were still there.'' Aviana told the three as she climbed a tree and hung from it, upside down, swinging her body. ''Maybe...'' Emma mumbled. 

Ray looked at the other three 11-year-olds. ''The signal can't specify an individual. That much is clear, otherwise she would have known it was you three by now. Without confirming, She can't tell where we are. Even if we get close to the gate or wall, it doesn't notify her. The tracking devices implanted in us aren't that useful.'' Aviana, who was shocked, fell from the tree, this time, she didn't fall to the ground because, thankfully, Emma caught her. She stood on the ground and looked at Ray. ''They aren't? And can you stop shocking me when I'm hanging from a tree?!'' Ray just Patted the girls head.

Aviana went and sat on a log instead. ''But they still have them implanted. Why is that?'' She asked. She pulled her legs up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. ''They must be confident they can come after us as long as the tracking device is intact. Even if we secretly go past the gate or the walls. 'It's not broken, then They're still under my power''' Ray said.

''Wait. So that means if it were to notify them, It'd only be when the tracking device is destroyed?'' Norman asked. Emma and Aviana looked at each other confused. ''Yeah, that's a possibility.''

''What do you guys mean?'' Emma asked as Aviana said ''What are you saying?''

''If it's destroyed, They can't find us. As long as they're there, They can Capture us. Then It's logical that they would be notified immediately only when it's broken. Like with an Alarm or something.'' Ray explained to the two girls. ''So if we destroy it, Mom will be notified?'' Emma asked. Aviana yelled out ''She'll find out Immediately?!''