Chapter 2: 121045

{Chapter 2} Book 1: The tests
テスト

{Chapter 2} Book 1: The testsテスト

The clock read 5:59 AM. It was almost time for the thirty-nine children in the orphanage to wake up and get ready for the day. They were split up into three different rooms, not by gender, though. In each room, there was One, in one case two, of the four oldest there who, more often than not, helped the younger kids in that room get ready for the day. Then, there was also a 10 year-old in each room to assist the older kids if necessary. The rest was a random put-together of kids.

In one bed in one of the rooms, A child with the numbers '63194' inscribed on her neck and her friend with the number '92194' on her neck were sleeping peacefully until the clock chimed. 6:00 AM. Time to wake up and make breakfast. The older of the two stirred only for a slight second before opening her eyes and sitting up. Enthusiastically, She sat on her knees, turning to the rest of the beds and put her arms in the air.

''Good morning everyone! Time to get up, or you'll miss breakfast!'' She yelled out, waking everyone up. A specific girl, the 10-year-old resident of the room, sat up groggily, looking almost like a zombie. Her skin was naturally pale and her hair had a natural green tint to it. Her gray eyes were slightly open and he groaned as he stretched.

The girl who yelled looked to her left and smiled softly, seeing her best friend still asleep. She hated this part of the morning, waking Aviana up. She knew that Aviana was prone to sleepless nights and was always worried, but Aviana always reassured her that it was normal for her. She gently shook the younger, though only by a month, girl, waking her up. With a small whine, Aviana sat up and slightly smiled at Emma, Who ruffled the shorter girl's hair with a small smile of her own.

The kids in the room all stretched and yawned as they began waking up. The calendar read 12/10/45. So it was October 12th 2045. The day that one of their own, Conny, was to be adopted by a 'lovely couple who want to give Conny the best life possible' as quoted by Isabella, their Mom.

The kids were laughing together as they got themselves dressed. Aviana, The second oldest in the room, was crouched down next to a Blonde haired boy who was sat on his bed as she helped him button up his long-sleeved white shirt. Emma was crouched near the same bed helping a different child, a younger girl, tie her shoes. Gilda, the 10-year-old, was facing the opposite way to them as she buttoned her own shirt up. Once she finished, she looked up to see that two of the 7-year-olds were running around together in their clothes, only without the shoes. Their names were Lannion and Thoma. The comedic reliefs of the room. The chaotic duo.

''Hey, stop messing around and get ready!'' Gilda called out as another pair of kids, though younger, ran past her. Their names? Mark and Yvette.

A girl, around 4-years-old, named Sherry and friend, Phil, approached Ash and Emma with tears in their eyes. They were obviously stressed about something. ''Ash, I can't put my shoes on...'' Sherry cried out and Phil fell suite. ''I can't tie the laces, Emma'' Aviana looked towards the two with a soft smile decorating her features whilst Emma patted their heads. ''We'll help you in a second, there's no need to cry.'' Emma said to them. The two smiled at her and sat on the floor awaiting their help.