Ice | Armin x Reader

Start from the beginning

He was loosing hope, the situation seeming lost.

He laid his ear to your chest one more time, sobbing as he did his best to listen.

"Please Y/n. Please don't leave. Stay with me. I need you, you can't go now. Come back to be baby."

He pressed his lips to yours one more, breathing out into you one last time before he slumped.

He laid his forehead on your shoulder, sobbing and nearly wailing uncontrollably.

Then he heard it.

The slight inhale from your lips by his ear.

He shot back up, watching your face and chest for any changes.

He didn't see any and instead once again put his ear on your chest.

The sound he heard may have seemed insignificant but to him, it was as if angels were singing.

The soft pumping sound made his eyes light up as he quickly continued to help you.

He laid you on your side, gently rubbing and patting your back until your body rejected the water it had inhaled earlier.

Once everything was expelled he sat you up, cradling you in his arms before standing up, holding you bridal style.

He crossed the ice quickly, being careful not to slip, before he grabbed a few of your things and took you back to the barracks on horseback.

He barely secured the horse before bolting in and lighting the fire in his rooms fireplace.

He set you beside it before yanking the thick comforter off his bed and wrapping it around you, joining you seconds later.

He cuddled you in his lap while wrapping the blanket around but you and him, the fire and blanket starting to slowly heat the two of you up.

You still hadn't opened your eyes and you shivered intensely.

Armin was worried. You were breathing and your heart was beating, pumping blood as it should, but he still couldn't get over the fact that you still hadn't done anything.

You hadn't opened your eyes and you hadn't talked.

He was afraid that too much damage had been done. You were under there a lot longer than him and he could feel strain when he tried to move too much. He could only imagine the pain you were in.

The thought hurt.

What if even though he saved you, he was too late?

He did his best to hush his mind, instead focusing on where your skin connected with yours and heating you up.

It took nearly 3 hours of the two of you sitting together near the fire and under the blanket until Armin felt nearly normal.

Armin checked you, making sure you were still okay and to his non-suprise you were asleep.

He smiled gently before laying you down next to fire before going and getting you a pillow. When he returned though, you awake.

He sighed in relief while kneeling down next to you, his head hovering above yours as he watched your eyes.

He had only gone a few hours without them but even that felt too long for him. He missed seeing the hue as your eyes darted around, taking everything in.

"Your awake." he breathed, still focused on your eyes.

"Yes."

"God do you know how bad you scared me?"

"I'm sorry."

He fell on you, gently of course, and hugged you. His face buried into your now warm body as you hugged him back.

"I did have fun ice skating though, thank you for taking me."

"Of course but from now on we're tied together. Literally. I'll find us a rope or something."

"Fine by me, that was terrifying and cold."

The two of you continued to cuddle, even after both of you were thoroughly warmed up.

a/n- i have a huge all day practice test tomorrow and i am NOT prepared. wish me luck lol

also this book is literally 500 reads for 100k
pardon my french but holy shit

Edit- OMFG WE REACHED OVER 100K READS! YOUR ALL ABSOLUTELY AMAZING AND I CANT THANK YOU ENOUGH. <3<3<3

how are you doing?

i believe in you darling<3