I've Made Up My Mind

[A/N: OK, so previously the story was in present tense, but I think it would be much better in past tense. sorry for switching it up..]

Amanda sat down the letter and ran her fingers through her long, brown hair. Why am I such a disappointment to them? She picked up her bag and walked upstairs to her room, which was a major contrast from the rest of the glossy and polished house. Her room had a much darker color scheme and was much more relaxed decor wise. The black door, that was normally shut, was left ajar for once since she knew no one else was around. The Arctic Monkeys' R U Mine? started to drift out of her room after she put a vinyl on her record player. She picked up her phone and started to text her friend Jackie.

hey jackie

hey amanda

have you heard the news?

about how the sky is gonna fall?

pretty much.

what's your family going to do?

they're sending me upstate with them.

don't they hate you?

yeah. but I think they're going to try and "fix" me while we're up there.

why?

they've hired a tutor.

you mean

yeah. madame wartface.

oh no

ikr?

well what are you going to do?

idk. but I gtg and start packing. I doubt the taxi is just a taxi.

bye.

bye.

Amanda threw her phone onto the bed and pulled out her suitcase from her closet. She had had it packed for a while now, waiting for a chance to run away. Maybe now I actually have a chance. She packed up her record player and vinyls into a separate bag, along with her Polaroid and some journals. I'm actually going to do this.... Man are they going to hate me. But what do I care? They've never cared for me. After packing everything that she wanted to bring, along with an envelope full of money that she'd saved up, she picked up her phone and called someone.

"Hey, Matt?"

"...Yeah, I'm good. You?"

"That's great. Hey, can you pick me up in half an hour?"

"Yeah, I've made up my mind. I want to go now. With you."

Amanda smiled as she listened to Matt tell her something and then hung up. She picked up her bags and carried them downstairs into the kitchen. Finally, after finding some blank paper that wasn't covered with the family crest, she began to write her parents a note.

~

Dear Parents,

Should I even call you that anymore? I don't even think you care about me. I don't think you ever have. You call me a disgrace to the family and are always trying to "fix" me. In fact, you keep accusing me of doing stuff I've never even done, like drinking! Why don't you just accept me for who I am? I know now is a bad time since we've only got like 3 days until Doomsday, but I don't want to spend them with you guys. In fact, I don't want to ever see you again. And I can't believe you'd think I would fall for the old taxi trick again. I know it's Uncle Edward.

Never yours,

Amanda the Disgraceful

~

She sealed the envelope and wrote on the front "Uncle Edward - Give this to my parents". After taping it to the front doors, she walked back inside and started to gather up some sandwiches from the fridge. It helped that every once and a while the chef decided to make a bunch of sandwiches for when he was out. Finally, a knock came from the back door.