Questions & Answers.

Comenzar desde el principio

Uncontrollably, I start to growl and my fists tighten. I guess Zayn noticed my change in behavior because he leaned off the table and squeezed my hands really tightly. "Don't worry about it now Vallin. It's all in the past. You're the only one who matters to me now," his smile warmed my heart and I couldn't help but to calm myself down and give him a tight smile back.

After sometime - and unwillingly letting go of Zayn's hand - I look back up to him, wondering how we first met. "How did we meet?" Zayn looked up at me and I could tell he was getting embarrassed - his cheeks were turning red. What he was so embarrassed about, I didn't know.

He gave a hearty laugh and looked down. "We actually met through Niall," my eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. I knew Niall Horan? That, right there, just blew my mind and ability to function properly. "He had met your sister, Marissa, at the mall once because your little sister Laney, had wanted to go to one of our signings then. Quite amusing actually. Marissa seemed the least bit interested in any of us . . ."

I laughed a bit. That was my sisters for you. One, a hard core Directioner, the other, just wanting to be anywhere but there with the Directioner. "Yeah, Marissa was never really into you five like Laney and I were," I admit, daydreaming about the many times my little sister and I would argue over who was hotter and which one was the most adorable. Somehow, I remember fighting with her about who's accent was better. We both finally agreed it was Niall's in the end.

Zayn chuckles once again, leaning onto the island's countertop once more. "Yeah, I remember how Niall would brag about how his girlfriend wouldn't fawn over him like others - in a fangirl way that is," he paused for a second, looking down at his hands. I crossed my arms over the counter's top in front of Zayn, watching as he picks at his nails. When he looks back into my eyes, my breath catches in my throat for a second. "Then when we were introduced to her - properly - and we talked, to get to know her, and it was then that we decided that she was a perfect match for our little leprechaun.

"Then she brought Laney to meet us again and I remember that we, somehow, got on the topic of twins - I think Louis was talking about how Laney and his twin sisters were close in age -, when Laney mentioned you," I look up again to meet his eyes. A smile played at his lips as he talks some more. "At first, we didn't believe them, then Marissa pulled out her phone and showed us pictures of you and her together. I remember it being you two and your parents in the photo. I also remember how I couldn't take my eyes off you no matter how hard I tried," I couldn't hide the blush that was seeping up from my neck and into my cheeks.

I didn't speak, and even if I wanted to, I couldn't. What would I say to someone who just said that 'they couldn't take their eyes off me'? The only reaction I could think of was fangirling, and that was not an option at this second.

Running a hand through my dry hair, I lean farther onto the countertop and try to listen in on his talking again. "But at that time, I was with Perrie and I couldn't really do anything about it. But I do remember - and wish I could forget about - how Harry would always flirt with and steal you away from us. He would always have an arm around you or something, and I would just get so pissed off about it-" he cut himself off and gave me a gentile smile as he cooled down.

"It was only when I found Perrie in bed with another bloke, that I had the courage to ask you out. That night, I had locked myself in my room, not wanting to talk to anybody, but somehow, you had crawled through my window and comforted me in my time of need. That night was our first kiss and the night we told each other how we felt about us being together." Zayn gives me a big, toothy grin and I can't help but smile back. He looked like a kid on Christmas morning, how could you not smile back?

I giggle a bit and look down, starting to draw random objects into the grant counter. Suddenly, I get an idea and I feel the blood leave my face. My body reacts stiffly as I turn my head up to meet Zayn. He gives me a worried look that I brush off. "Zayn, did, did- do we have any, um. Have any . . . Kids?"

The look on Zayn's face explains it all. His eyes were bugged out as his mouth was slid slightly apart. He looked as if he was wanting to talk, but his mouth wouldn't let him form any words. Finally, he speaks. "No, I mean. We always wanted kids, but our busy schedules came in the way and this was our only free time in forever."

Nodding slowly, a huge weight is lifted off my chest and I can finally breath properly again. That would've been horrific if I had a child or children and not know about it. I love children, but having some of my own that I didn't necessarily plan, I wouldn't know what to do!

After some moments of processing all of this, Zayn finished his coffee and leaves the cup in the sink. Turning back to face me, he asks, "Do you have anymore questions Vallin?"

Did I have anymore questions? I had tons! Some that I didn't know how to put into words, some I didn't want to say aloud, and some that just didn't seem to fit our situation. As I racked my brain for a question, I found one in an answer.

"Are Marissa and Niall still together?"

Zayn looked taken aback at first, but then slowly nodded, giving me a quiet 'yes'. "Marissa's actually pregnant with twins right now. We have a nephew by them," he pulls out his phone and starts fiddling with it. Once he's found what he's looking for, he shows me a picture of a beautiful family.

My sister's hair has been grown out, making her and I look more alike. The smile on her face was bright and full of love as Niall's arms were wrapped around her waist as my nephew - whose name I have yet to learn - was on a swing, smiling bright. The little boy looked a lot like Niall, but had that mischievous glint in his eyes like my sister. I already knew I was a sucker for my "new" nephew.

"How old is he?" I asked, taking the phone from him and zooming in. They looked like a happy family all around. I was happy my sister found somebody to love. She deserves it, and so did Niall.

"Zack is only a year and a half old," he takes the phone from me to show me another picture, "he'll be two when the twins are born."

The picture Zayn was showing me now was of me and Zack in the living room, smiling and making funny faces. Zack looked so adorable and cute, I couldn't wait to actually see him for real now. I move to another picture to find a selfie of Zayn and I kissing. My heart felt whole and warm at the sight if the picture.

Even though this is all more than likely a dream, it was my favorite dream by far.

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

And that's a wrap! How do you guys like it so far? I bet you didn't see Marissa and Niall happening, did ya?

Just to let you know, the chapters you have read so far are giving you clues to what's coming in the future, so heads up. If anyone actually guesses what happens right, you will be rewarded and have a dedication in the book, but only if you guess it right - or close to right - BEFORE the chapters and all that good stuff.

Hope you've enjoyed this chapter. Keep dreaming for the now! ;)

~Kenzie17