Chapter 58 The Forge of the Gods

Mulai dari awal

"Humans will come to a halt my return," he said, "My creations, destroy a being that shall impede me. Hephaestus will yet rise."

They responded in kind, taking up their positions from where he had come from. HE couldn't sense the humans anymore. Does he lacks the power, or have they retreated? They would be smart to do so, for this army should impede them just long enough so that he can get to this vessel. He turns to the very rear of the city and a path that led into what appeared to be a temple that had gone into quite the period of decay. His own presence melted ice and snow while his might moved away rocks, allowing an actual entrance to his forge. The shrine wasn't the most decorative; weapons and other offerings left to become dust and rubble from the harsh treatment of the elements and pyres still cold. Not a soul has ventured in here in millennia. But this shall be where he is reborn. Temple shall once again serve as a symbol of his power and his purpose. He turned his hands to the entrance he had made. The ground rumbled in response, and the temporary door closed once again-anything to get closer, closer.

Hephaestus stepped down into his forge.

(X)

Lyse led the charge.

They met back at the crater of the ambush, their failed attempt to finish off the god. The effort proved to be for naught, it seemed, and each man and woman left in Moxie's crew seemed a mix of frustration and unsure of what to do next. They had come here to eliminate this threat. But after the showing of power, it left a rather sour taste in everyone's mouth. Was this just some death wish these people have now. How are they, armed with only swords and enough gunpowder for a few guns going to kill something that had shrugged off, not only their efforts but also the immense power of a Frostlandian White Dragon. What purpose do they serve here now?

But Tug was silent through all of this discussion, not commenting on what the other crewmen spoke about. They were looking for action, but this seemed on a different stake than the previous endeavors they had bared witness to. Even the Sea Dragon seemed like mere child's play now. Most were a bit skeptical of what they had just witnessed, wondering if they were getting mixed into something a bit too heavy for them. Ralia, for instance, was amazed seeing such a creature and only lamented that she could not see more. They do not see Dragons very often in Acirfa, and ever since she joined this crew, she had always been the one to be excited over something unique seen on the open seas. So no, this debacle did not concern the Acirfan one bit, and she chastised the other crewmen who gave their second thoughts on the situation.

"So you want to stay here, Ralia?" one of them said out of frustration.

Ralia cocked her head. "I thought you came out here cause you wanted to see some action."

"Yeah, and I did, plenty of it, believe me," he said. He was one of many injured in Mer'Dith, but doing fine after one visit from the Lykosian Knight. "But come on, even the captain's looking pale. So I take that as a sign that we are out of our league."

"If the captain says we leave, we leave," Ralia said defiantly, crossing her arms. "But if she says we stay, we stay."

"I know, but. . . " the crewman seemed to chew his teeth with some thought. None of them had it in them to disobey the woman; that much was certain. Tug, Tug didn't know what to think of the conversation. To say he was a fish out of the water was an understatement for any of them. And he didn't know what to think about these knights, especially the blond one. One would think that being within an inch of death would rattle such a young man, but Lyse barely seemed fazed from experience. Tug looked to where the Silver-haired knight and Captain Moxie were talking, wondering what they were talking about. They had been talking for about an hour now, keeping their discussion from the rest of them. The blade that the blond-haired knight had carried was recovered, and he hung onto their pieces despite their diminished use. Yes, he found it odd that eh lad was not the least bit shaken by the ordeal. In fact, he seemed far more motivated than before.