Epilogue (Jessie POV)

“Jessie, get up, get up, get up,” Cassie said, jumping up and down on my bed until I finally opened my eyes. Looking up at her as she did so, made it hard for me to believe sometimes that she wasn't the same enthusiastic five year old girl I had met years ago. She was still enthusiastic, but now she was ten and old enough to not call either me or Carlos “big kids” anymore. “You have to get up or you're going to be late,” she complained, still jumping like she wasn't convinced by my groan that I was awake. “You don't want to be late to your own wedding, do you? What would Loco think?”

            “That the only one my little sister is driving loco, is my soon to be wife,” Carlos' voice answered from the doorway and I heard Cassie squeal as I sat up.

            “You can't be in here!” Cassie insisted, dropping down from the bed and running over to the door to push him out. “Mommy said it's bad luck for you to see Jessie before the wedding.”

            “And let me guess, you're supposed to be the body guard that keeps me out?” Carlos said, his smile amused.

            “Yes, now get out!” Cassie said, trying to push him backwards. Despite her growth in the past few years, she couldn't do anything to push her brother out of the room.

            “Five minutes, Cass,” Carlos said. “Give me five minutes with Jessie and then I'll leave.”

            “Nope,” Cassie said with a shake of her head. “I don't want to get in trouble for you. Wait until you're married then you can see her all you want.”

            “Five minutes,” Carlos insisted. “You owe me.”

            “What for?” Cassie asked.

            “Every favor I ever did you in your entire life,” Carlos answered. “All I'm asking for is five minutes with Jessie.”

            Cassie looked back at me like she didn't know what to do and I just shrugged, not making it easier for her. “Fine,” she sighed. “But only five minutes. And you have to be gone before Mom shows up.”

            “Deal,” Carlos said, and kissed her on the top of the head. “Now leave please.”

            “Whatever,” Cassie mumbled, leaving the room and closing the door behind her.

            “You know,” I finally said, drawing Carlos' attention to me. “It is bad luck to see the bride before the wedding.”

            “See, I thought that rule only applied if you were wearing the dress,” he shrugged. “Which, you aren't. But while we're on the subject, that's kind of a dumb rule anyway. I mean, if the groom didn't see the bride before the wedding than they wouldn't be fiancées or anything, right?”

            “You're ranting,” I laughed. “What's wrong?”

            “Nothing,” he answered, sitting on the bed next to me. “In a couple of hours I am going to be officially married to the girl I love and nothing about that is wrong. I just came to make sure you weren't going to back out on me or anything.”

            “Of course I'm not,” I said. “Why would you even think that?”

            “Nerves?” he offered with a half smile.

            “Well, tell them to shut up then,” I responded. “Because I am not changing my mind and I am not leaving you hanging on our wedding day. I said I would marry you and that's exactly what I plan on doing.”