- fifty -

A/N- Hehe... Draco pov in this one too ;)

TW: Soft Draco

-

Aria Rowen

"Cecile?"

The blonde girl on the couch shifted when she realized that I was here. Her eyes looked red and puffy as if she'd been crying for some time now.

She used her sleeve to dry her tears before sitting up straighter. "What do you want?" Cecile's voice snapped at me, when all I was trying to do was help.

"I— I heard something and—"

"It's none of your business... just go back to Draco, alright? I'm sure he's missed being away from you for even a minute," She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest.

I didn't even know how to respond. She'd shown so much hatred to me in the past, so why did I feel bad for her now? "Are you alright?"

"For Merlin's sake just leave me alone!" She whisper-yelled the words, probably not wanting anyone else to hear and wake up as well.

"I—I'm sorry. I'll leave," I turned around and took two steps up the stairs, but was stopped again by the sound of her voice.

"Wait. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be rude— I'm just exhausted and upset."

I gave an unnoticeable roll of my eyes where she couldn't see before turning around. "I understand... but there's no need to snap at me about it," I walked back into the living room and over to the couch where she was sitting. "Now, what happened?"

"Y—You wouldn't understand," Cecile shook her head and looked away, and I watched as more tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Well I can still listen... and you can still talk to me about it— only if you want to of course," I pulled my knees up to my chest and sank back further onto the couch.

The coals in the fireplace cast a glow into the room, illuminating the area around us as I waited for Cecile's response.

After a short moment of waiting, she gave a short nod, turning slightly to face me. "Ok," Cecile took a deep breath, but it came out more like a sob.

My eyes widened in surprise. I didn't think that she would actually open up to me— not this easily at least.

"I don't even know where to start..." She looked away as the tears continued to fall.

"Just— start at the beginning."

She nodded again and sighed. "It's Luke..."

•••

"Cecile— I am so sorry..." I looked at the girl as she gave a sharp inhale. "I had no idea."

"I didn't want to tell anyone. The first time he yelled at me... it was so... unexpected." She gave a short sob as she spoke, almost as if the words pained her— and I'm sure that they did.

I'd had my own run-ins with Luke Carrow, but my experiences were nowhere near as terrible as what Cecile and Indy had gone through.

"—and one night he even had the audacity to hit me," She moved her hand to her face, using her fingertips to wipe away the tears.

"You don't deserve that. Why did you stay with him?"

"I— I thought that he would get better... that he would change."

"But he didn't..." I gave a small nod to prove that I understood where she was coming from.

"And I can't believe how bitchy I was to you and your friends. I was just caught up in myself and I didn't mean any of it," She shook her head as she continued to cry. "Please forgive me..."