- twenty seven -

Aria Rowen

"—What's the matter now?"

I was torn away from my thoughts to see Draco glancing up from his desk, intensely gazing at me.

"Nothing..." I mumbled the words as I went back to reading the book in my lap as I sat on Draco's bed.

He gave a sigh and I heard his desk chair scrape against the ground, but I still didn't look up until he was standing in front of me.

Draco didn't hesitate to reach down and grab the textbook from my hands, and before I could stop him he'd already shut its leather cover and tossed it to the other side of the bed.

"What the f—"

"If you're going to lie to me... you'll have to do a much better job than that," He raised his eyebrows as he folded his arms over his chest. "Now, what's wrong?"

I studied his expression for a moment before rolling my eyes.

I tried shifting on the bed to grab the book, but I felt his strong hand catch my wrist, preventing me from reaching it.

It was less than a second before he had my body pinned beneath his, making my breath catch in my throat as I gazed into his grey eyes.

His head dropped so that it was right next to my ear. "Talk to me..." Draco's voice was a low whisper, which activated certain feelings within me that I wasn't eager to let out. "Aria. Tell me."

I stayed quiet for a moment more before making myself answer him. "The same stuff—"

He sent me a disappointed glance before speaking. "That was almost a week ago. You can't keep letting it get to you."

I thought back to Jenna, Indy, and Dylan. I hadn't talked to them in days. It was driving me insane not having anyone to go to other than Draco, but I wasn't sure going to them would make things better.

Like Jenna said... we weren't even supposed to see each other after the war.

Were we ever even friends?

It hadn't dawned on me until the other night that we were terrible for each other. Most of our time spent together was just a group of broken girls trying to help each other when our own lives weren't even close to perfect.

I don't know why it took us so long to realize that you can't fix someone that doesn't want to be fixed.

I was brought back into the moment as Draco's lips softly brushed against mine, making me feel something other than hurt.

He pulled away for a brief moment, his mouth just above mine. "You should stay over again..." One of his hands let go of mine, moving down to my waist and gently caressing on the slightly exposed skin.

I gazed up at him for a moment as I bit down on my lip. "Why? So you can keep me up all night?"

He smirked at me before bringing his lips down to kiss my neck. "Something like that..." He mumbled the words against my skin, which
only made my need for him grow.

"Sure. I'll stay— but I need to get my things from my r—"

"I can get them..." Draco cut me off. "I know where your things are."

I looked up at him for a moment before reluctantly nodding.

He gave a small smirk before climbing off of me so that he was standing again. "I'll be back in a few minutes, and in the meantime..." Draco reached down and grabbed my hands, pulling me up to stand beside him. "...you can wait for me in there," He gestured towards the bathroom as I playfully rolled my eyes.

"And why would I go in there?"

"Why don't you wait and find out?"

-

Draco Malfoy

I arrived at the Hufflepuff common room, trying my best to ignore the stares of hatred that were thrown at me from all directions.

I could care less if someone had a problem with me...

I went down the hallway, passing the labeled chalkboards and decorated doors until I finally reached hers.

I pulled out my wand, muttering the complex charm that she'd put on her door after the night Luke Carrow had managed to get in. As far as I knew, I was one of the few people who knew the password to activate the charm.

Her room was neat, unlike usual when she had textbooks and parchment strewn around the room.

I wandered into her bathroom, immediately grabbing the usual toiletries she'd bring with her if she stayed in my dorm for a night or two. It was almost normal for my housemates to see her there, so they no longer questioned it.

I grabbed a small bag from her desk, tucking the things away before moving to her dresser.

I dug through the drawers before finding a nice set of clothes and evening loungewear. I couldn't believe that she thought I was incapable of doing something as simple as picking out an outfit.

My eyes snapped over to her desk, where a gold, shiny envelope sat with a red seal— but it had already been opened.

Merlin, I was fucked up for doing this— but I couldn't help but wonder who was sending her letters... so I picked it up.

Aidan Harris

Fuck. Not this guy again.

As soon as I read his name on the gold envelope, I opened it. Fucking hell, Aria would murder me if she knew what I was doing, but I couldn't hold myself back.

A fucking invitation.

To the fucking 'Winter Formal'.

I thought he would've realized by now that she was nowhere near interested in him, but I guess he was pretty clueless for a Ravenclaw.

Who was I kidding— I couldn't blame anyone for hitting on her. I hadn't made anything official between the two of us, so of course guys would be throwing themselves at her.

But Aria... she should know better for allowing it to continue. She knew how crazy it drove me— hell, she'd even admitted once that she liked when I was jealous.

I'd just have to prove to her that I was the only one who got to have her.

-

-

-

A/N- Well, after days of promising and not delivering I've finally given y'all a short update!

For those of you who are currently reading "Only A Pureblood", it's been... a rough weekend filled with sad chapters😀

But I'm grateful for all of the support and I'm glad that I'm better and back to writing.