- forty one -

Draco Malfoy

I watched from the couch as the Ravenclaw moved closer to Aria until her arms were around his neck while he was pressing her body against the wall.

It was driving me insane seeing the way he acted around her. Aidan's fingers lingered on her waist much longer than I would've liked them to, and all I could think of was that it was him and not me getting to touch her— and watching her body relax against his as his head moved just above her left shoulder made jealousy course throughout my veins.

"Draco?"

My head snapped over to look at the blonde girl beside me. "Yes, Martin?"

Cecile frowned as I used her last name, but that didn't keep her from continuing her statement. "What's got you so distracted?"

"Nothing..." I glanced back at Aidan and Aria out of the corner of my eye, but they were still together. "Nothing at all."

"Oh— well," Cecile inched slightly closer, placing her hand on top of mine. "We could always jus—"

"Not a chance," I gave a sarcastic laugh as I looked away from her.

"But you don't even know what I was going to say?"

"Yes. Yes I do..." I rolled my eyes and turned my attention to the drunk students in front of me. "You're going to ask me the same question you've asked four times this week— and I'm going to give you the same answer. No," I listened as she gave a huff of disappointment, making a smirk play at the corners of my lips. "If you want to fuck someone... go back to Carrow."

She gasped as if she was offended, but everyone who had met her— and even complete strangers as well, already knew that she'd been at Hogwarts for over two weeks and she'd already slept with enough guys to build almost two quidditch teams. She was just desperate for any guy that would give her the time of day.

She was pretty and all, but I doubted that she was even close to girlfriend material.

Aria on the other hand... she was perfect. She was easy to talk to, fun to be around, had an amazing personality once you got to know her, not to mention that she was fantastic in be—

"Malfoy..."

I was drawn out of my thoughts once more when Blaise walked up, his arm around Hernandez's shoulder as he clutched a bottle of firewhiskey in his free hand.

"Want some?"

I shook my head. "I'll leave that to you..." The bottle was almost empty, making me wonder how much alcohol he had already consumed.

"Whatever you say mate..." He gave a drunken laugh before pulling Dylan over to the dance floor, where— like the rest of these people, he would probably end up making a fool out of himself.

I glanced back over to Rowen to Harris, only to see Aidan backing away as he dropped his hold on her waist. I could see a small smile on Aria's lips, making my jealousy burn even stronger.

She promised me that I was the only one who got to have her. She promised that she wouldn't leave— and now she wouldn't even talk to me or give me a chance to explain myself.

For the first time this evening, Aidan left her side, leaving Aria alone to stand by the wall.

I needed to see her... I needed to get her to hear me out... to listen to me.

-

Aria Rowen

I watched Aidan leave, walking over to the corner of the room where some of his Ravenclaw friends were.