Chapter 9 - After the Celebration, a Job Awaits

Start from the beginning

"Mhm." Shen Qingqiu continued on without notice. "Make sure to greet the Peak Masters properly."

*****

The sky melted into a beautiful sunset colour of crimson red fading into black. A breeze tousled past several leaves, blowing them faraway in the distance. Floating amid the horizon was the sun. It didn't wait to say goodbye and directly plummeted below the line.

Darkness spread to the night.

In the darkness were several lanterns and candles lit.

Qiong Ding Peak was beautiful with the varieties of colourful lights. It lit up the night sky with prosperity, and twinkled amid the stars.

There were several tables scattered upon the centre. Chairs had grouped along, with cultivators sitting atop. On the surface of every table was a vase of flowers. Hua Cheng purposely changed their table's flower with his own white flower, which had an entirely different entity. Shen Qingqiu didn't stop him, and let him do whatever he wanted with the flower.

"What are these fellow cultivators' name?" The four new cultivators looked upwards to find Yue Qingyuan, who wore his fitting robes.

Wei Wuxian, Lan Zhan, Xie Lian, and Hua Cheng introduced themselves leniently.

Yue Qingyuan wore a friendly smile. "I admire your skills of the sword."

"Thank you." Wei Wuxian and Xie Lian thanked, while their husbands nodded with a stoic face. Many other Peak Masters went to introduce themselves and thank the four cultivators for protecting Qing Jing Peak from the earlier incident.

Shortly afterwards, the celebration ended in a hearty atmosphere.

They left to Qing Jing Peak, and arrived in the dormitories. Sitting around the centre table, Xie Lian had an excited expression. "I can cook for dinner."

"San Lang will help Gege." Hua Cheng volunteered. They got up from the table and headed to the kitchen in preparation for food.

Wei Wuxian was looking forward to dinner. He sighed melodically, "I wonder how delicious Xie-xiong's cooking is. Hua Chengzhu must be lucky to have such a good housewife..."

A hand landed on his shoulder. Lan Zhan patted him. "You're good at cooking."

Wei Wuxian's eyes gleamed with brightness. "Ohh Lan Zhan! You're so romantic!"

On the side, Shen Qingqiu laughed silently at the two's remarks. Luo Binghe could only pretentiously laugh by his side. It was only after some time did Xie Lian come back holding a bowl of soup. Hua Cheng walked behind him with his eyes carrying a hint of... worry.

"Is this the food?" Wei Wuxian rubbed his eyes.

The bowl of soup was set on the centre of the table. The liquid was murky and invigorated of purple. A fish scaled to only its bones had floated in the bowl, bathing to its death. Some dices of cut up vegetables had been mixed in as well, but the purple liquid only made them appear poisonous.

"Mhm." Xie Lian smiled innocently. "This is to test your resolve."

Standing behind, Hua Cheng hid his chin with his fist, muffling over a laughter.