.

Aether sigh, he tosses and turns, no matter how much he closes his to put himself to sleep he couldn't, something was bothering him, Aether got up and notice how quiet the house was. He sighs once again and stood in front of the window, "the storm has stopped..." Aether mumbled and opened the window a little as he felt the coldness that brushed against his skin.

"I should leave now..." Aether thought, he was thankful for Childe's family to help him take shelter for the time being but he needed to leave as soon as possible, Aether took the coat from the hanger and he somehow felt guilty taking something that is not his but when he looked at the tag, it has a name on it.

"Ajax?...whatever I'm taking it..."

Once Aether was mentally and physically prepared, he opened the door from the back and slowly opened it as he made sure it wouldn't make a lot of noise, he sneaks his way out and closes the door gently.

"success!..." Aether mumbled as a smile appeared on his face, he immediately stood up from the ground and walk away without turning back.

"I should still be able to sneak inside a ship...but...I don't know where it is located..." Aether said in disappointment,  he was troubled by not knowing much about the directions in Snezhnaya because he was taken here blindfolded but he knew he got here by ship.  Aether rubs his neck since it suddenly got colder but the moment he placed his freezing hands on his neck, his scarf was missing.

"...my scarf...should I go get it?...but if I did I might get caught...but that scarf is really important to me..." 

Aether fought for dominance as he argued with himself but in the end, the guilt of leaving his scarf behind won the fight, he took a deep breath before he continued his journey back from the place to where he was kept in prison.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Childe walked inside the halls of the dungeon, the memories of him putting people in there who were in debt to them made him feel guilty and uncomfortable,  he shook off those thoughts and continued his search. "...he might be in one of these rooms..." Childe mumbled and entered one of the rooms, he felt the cold air that surrounded the place but it didn't bother him since he was used to it, Childe sigh. "just empty..." he mumbled as he turned around and walk towards the door but before he could leave, his eyes landed on a scarf that is laying down on the bed.

"It's Aether's scarf...he was here..." Childe said as he grips on the scarf that belongs to Aether, he immediately left the room and went through the back door only to be greeted by nothing but snow.

"Aether...where are you...I'm here..." Childe thought and looked around the area to see nothing but darkness and a pile of mountains of snow.

Childe gritted his teeth, he suddenly grew anxious and the thought of finding Aether dead scares him. He sighs and turns around since he already knew that finding Aether in a place like this is hopeless and Aether might be somewhere else.

"I should report this to the others" 

Childe mumble but before he could go back inside, he suddenly heard footsteps that sounded like a person was running, he immediately turned around as his eyes landed on the beautiful silky blonde hair.

His heart pounded when he recognized who that hair belonged to, it was Aether's, "CHILDE...AH!" Aether suddenly trips and fell on the snow but it wasn't painful, Childe's lips quivered as tears started to fall from his cheeks, he hurriedly run towards Aether who slowly got up. When Aether was back on his feet, he suddenly fell again since Childe pushes him down and the two fell on the snow.

"WHY DID YOU AGREE ON THAT STUPID DEAL! YOU COULD HAVE JUST LET ME DIE!"

Childe exclaimed and glared at Aether for being thoughtless and careless, Aether ignored what he was saying, he placed both of his hands at Childe's cheeks, his voice trembled to feel how warm it was and it made Childe stopped talking when he saw Aether in tears.

"Childe...I..."

Aether gulped as he gathered all of his courage to say how he feels towards him and to finally answer Childe's confession to him, Childe was confused because he couldn't make out what was Aether trying to say but the moment Aether pulled him for an embrace their body pressing against each other and Aether's lips were on his ears.

"A-Aether---"

"I love you"

Childe paused for a brief moment, he was in the state of processing everything from what he had heard from Aether, he immediately got up and looked at Aether with wide eyes.

"w-what did you say?" Childe said as he was still unsure if he heard it right, Aether blushed, it was truly embarrassing for him but he had no choice but to show it to him in another way.

"I said I LOVE YOU!!!"

Aether yelled and pulled Childe for a kiss.

uwu